Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

CRX Vs. Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2006, 01:43 AM
06stangGT
4th Gear Member

Default RE: CRX Vs. Mustang

ORIGINAL: Agleon

If he has an excuse, counter that excuse with another one.

Him: I forgot to take out my anvil out of my glove box
You: Man this run sucked for me, my drivetrain was spinning the wrong way today.
[sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif]
Old 10-02-2006, 01:45 AM
Timmay!!!
4th Gear Member

Here's sumthin for em
Old 10-02-2006, 02:10 AM
Silencer06
2nd Gear Member

Location: Raised in Chicago; living near St. Louis in Troy, IL

ORIGINAL: explict

Ok so I went to my friends shop today and his buddy has this CRX with a B16 1.6L V-tec DOHC engine swap. Bone stock everything just a new engine. He asks me why I bought a *** car, so I told him that I can beat him in a race, my car looks better, my car will last longer, theres no comparison. so he says "RIIIIIGHT! My car will take yours anyday." so I asked him what he thinks his car will do in the quater mile, he says he never did it before but he expects 12's...Then he asked me what my car can do, I said high 13's, he laughed and told me my car was a 15 second car. And he told me my car has about 210 rwhp. I told him his engine makes about 160hp stock and add on 220,000Km's to that. he said so what my car weighs half as much as yours... I told him my car weighs about 3500lbs he told me it weighs more like 4500lbs...I said shut up and we are going to race whenever you get this thing fixed. I'll be waiting in my stock car for your 3000 dollar engine swapped pocket rocket.
he really thinks that my car will lose horribly to him...what do you guys think? should I play with him or should I put like 20 cars between us haha
Don't even bother to put your car and your safety at risk against that thing. You're driving classic American muscle and he's driving a souped up sewing machine. It's like a bully picking on a little girl who lost her glasses. You'd smoke his a$$, but you shouldn't be smiling and talking smack afterward when you do. Instead, you should be ashamed for wasting your time. Find a Camaro and have REAL fun.
Old 10-02-2006, 04:33 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

Exactly! I'd be embarrassed to race against something totally out of my league!
It's like that Jackass clip of Johnny Knoxville getting beat up by a professional fighter.
Just whip out a baseball bat and after breaking his jaw with it, so he'll shut the he!! up, take his car out too!
Old 10-02-2006, 05:04 AM
OxSMSxO
2nd Gear Member

I would rather see a video of you beating the **** out of him, then your car walking him
Old 10-02-2006, 06:19 AM
androdz
I ♥ Acer

There is a local one with around 140 whp that stays next to me all the way up to 90 then I start to creep out. Yet his car is completely stripped. No carpet, no rear sits, no stereo no nothing just power steering, not sure if it still has the a/c on.

Att. Andrew
Old 10-02-2006, 07:07 AM
DuFFMaNN
4th Gear Member

There is a b16 swapped CRX stock except swap here in town. He takes most of the cars at the races. Well he took everything until my buddies decided to put him in his place. You might want to watch out they are damn quick cars for just 140hp. You should take him but just don't take it lightly
Old 10-02-2006, 07:29 AM
explict
4th Gear Member

Ya I have been in his car while he raced older stangs like foxbody style ones he can take 5.0 ones when it comes with a bad driver. Barely. I know I can take him. It's just a matter of shutting him up he thinks his car is faster than everything. He told me he beat a porsche once...but that was when his engine was NEW! his engine is beat to **** now he spends 50% of the time 2500RPM or above!
Old 10-02-2006, 01:10 PM
androdz
I ♥ Acer

Ya I have been in his car while he raced older stangs like foxbody style ones he can take 5.0 ones when it comes with a bad driver. Barely. I know I can take him. It's just a matter of shutting him up he thinks his car is faster than everything. He told me he beat a porsche once...but that was when his engine was NEW! his engine is beat to **** now he spends 50% of the time 2500RPM or above!
I would say higher those engines redline are typically 8,500-10,000
Old 10-02-2006, 01:54 PM
PEPS GT 2

He is the info on the car stock

Weight - 1010 kg (2227 lb)
Engine - B16A1, DOHC 16-valve, VTEC
Power - 150 bhp @ 7600 rpm
Torque - 112 ft·lbf t@ 7100 rpm
0-100 km/h - 7.1 sec.

He also has big heavy rims on it.
My God. I wouldn't even waste my time. He's just trying to get you all worked up. That's how he's gonna win. My motorcycle puts out about 40 more hp that that thing does.

Quick Reply: CRX Vs. Mustang