Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Hurst Shifter Order Delay

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2006, 02:21 PM
06hoss
2nd Gear Member

Default Hurst Shifter Order Delay

Has anyone been having any problems getting the Hurst short throw shifter with gear stops? The Billet/Comp model? I've had mine on order through Jegs since 7/20 and every time I call them they give me a new delivery date (it's now 10/25) and they say they are having trouble getting them from the manufacturer. This shifter is different from the one without the gear stops. The rail that bolts it to the tranny is billet aluminum instead of a steel rod. Hurst ignored my email when I asked if there was a production delay. I'm just wondering if I should cancel through Jeg's and order elsewhere. Anyone else have this problem?
Old 10-02-2006, 02:40 PM
saud alzaabi
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Hurst Shifter Order Delay

Yeah, Me too i ordered mine july too and they said i will be receiving it on late augest so i called them last month they sait i am going to have it sometime in the beggining of november, she said i could cancel my order if i wanted, but thinking of it, hurst already made a shifter that is close to the pro 5.0 and the tri-ax and there new one is just going to be MUCH better, so im going to wait.
Old 10-02-2006, 04:14 PM
Thumper33
1st Gear Member

What shifter exactly is it that you're waiting on? It must be a badass shifter.

Mike
Old 10-02-2006, 04:27 PM
Fireguy28
2nd Gear Member

I ordered my Hurst Comp plus billet shifter from performance center.com and its expected to be shipped today....i'll keep you guys updated if it does or not....
Old 10-02-2006, 04:58 PM
Thumper33
1st Gear Member

so looking at the reviews on this, it looks to me like the lever is longer than the stock lever. That seems a bit counter productive for a short throw shifter doesn't it? Also, what are you guys planning to use for the shifter ****? The stock ball looks cheezy to me, but I guess that's personal pref.
Old 10-02-2006, 05:26 PM
Rock36
2nd Gear Member

I ordered my Hurst Comp/plus shifter from pmpparts.com the 23rd of September, and got it today.

I'm not sure if it is the exact one you are talking about since I thought there was only one Hurst Shifter for the 05+
Old 10-02-2006, 05:48 PM
saud alzaabi
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Rock36

I ordered my Hurst Comp/plus shifter from pmpparts.com the 23rd of September, and got it today.

I'm not sure if it is the exact one you are talking about since I thought there was only one Hurst Shifter for the 05+

is it aluminum and does it have stop bolts? if so then its the new one..
Old 10-02-2006, 05:59 PM
06hoss
2nd Gear Member

Yeah Rock36, I'm curious as to which one you have too. There are two Hurst shifters out there for the 05+ Mustang. The basic one that most if not everyone has now which uses a steel rod to connect it to the tranny and it also does NOT have positive gear stops. The shifter I am talking about here has a billet aluminum rail to connect it and it DOES have positve gear stops. I read on another forum that Hurst had the shifter on hold in "Engineering".
As far as the other post about the shifter **** color...a lot of guys like the white ball...I'm not sure since my interior is black/charcoal so I already bought a black ball to use on it...I'll use whichever one I like best. The lshifter ever is a little bit longer to help out with the shifter effort. I doesn't defeat the purpose of it being a short throw since the fulcrum is much lower on the stick than stock so the the throw (or actually the push of the fork) to the tranny is shorter.
Rock, let us know!!!
Old 10-02-2006, 06:51 PM
Rock36
2nd Gear Member

Sorry to disappoint guys, but I have the old one with no stop bolts. Now, I wish I knew they had one coming out with stop bolts though....
Old 10-02-2006, 10:12 PM
phatphil
3rd Gear Member

There is an engineering hold on that shifter, you'll be lucky if you ever get it. If I were you I would get a refund and get the Tri-Ax. Engineering hold means you'll probably never see one.

Quick Reply: Hurst Shifter Order Delay