Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Best axle back?

Old 10-02-2006, 04:02 PM
Digby

Default Best axle back?

I'm looking for opinions on the best axle back exhaust. I really want a nice deep throaty sound and clean look. Anyone have recommendations?
Old 10-02-2006, 04:18 PM
slow07
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Best axle back?

Who makes the best axle back is like asking who makes the best hamburger. It all depends on personal taste. There will be many swear theirs is the best, and bash all the others. The best thing to do is find video clips of different exhaust. However, computer speakers do not do them justice. With all that being said, I have a Mac kit, and I love it.
Old 10-02-2006, 04:21 PM
Fireguy28
2nd Gear Member

I bought the IMCO Extreme and i like the sound its deep and throaty for me without being to loud and annoying. just my 2 cents
Old 10-02-2006, 04:25 PM
Rock36
2nd Gear Member

Yeah you are going to get a million different opinions, but I've got the FRPP/Borla Stingers and I love those. Drone be damned I like drone!
Old 10-02-2006, 04:36 PM
PEPS GT 2

ORIGINAL: slow07

Who makes the best axle back is like asking who makes the best hamburger. It all depends on personal taste. There will be many swear theirs is the best, and bash all the others. The best thing to do is find video clips of different exhaust. However, computer speakers do not do them justice. With all that being said, I have a Mac kit, and I love it.
+1

I heard a sound clip of the Mac's and I knew these were the ones I wanted.
Old 10-02-2006, 04:42 PM
RCT06GT
3rd Gear Member

Just go listen to as many sound clips as you can. If you like loud, go with the SLP Loudmouths.
Old 10-02-2006, 05:26 PM
1st Mustang

I have to nominate the Zoomers. I just posted about this last Friday. It really does sound awesome. very sinister. It is a stainless system, and it is pricey, but well worth it. You'll get a thousand opinions, and there are about that many different exhausts out there.....and lots of them sound plenty good, that's for sure. All boils down to personal preference... Also there are plenty of threads on this in the forum... check out the search function and browse all the info these good people have posted. (lots of sound bytes, too--that helps...)
Old 10-02-2006, 05:29 PM
Mustang07

Ford Racing Axle Back with the 4inch Tips. They look great and sound really old school muscle car. They dont get much credit here for some reason but I have them and they sound much better than SLP Loudmouths - Quality is the best. Good luck.
Old 10-02-2006, 05:33 PM
Boss919
2nd Gear Member

The Mac's are really nice. when ideling they are quiet but when you take off the sound really deep and throaty.
Old 10-02-2006, 05:41 PM
Digby

I was looking at Ford Racing's initially but never saw much of anything posted either. Thanks for the report.

So far, I like the sound of the Zoomers and the Cosrsa system. Would like to hear others but it seems not all manufacturers have posted videos or sound clips. I'll keep hunting.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Best axle back?