Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Run-in with local law enforcement

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2006, 08:00 PM
Booster
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Run-in with local law enforcement

ORIGINAL: Derf00

so you had the time to go through all that? Yes I did. Either the guy was really endangering other people, Yes he was you didn't like the guy, or you are really a tool.
A real man does what's right.
Old 10-05-2006, 08:01 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

ORIGINAL: Booster

ORIGINAL: Derf00

so you had the time to go through all that? Yes I did. Either the guy was really endangering other people, Yes he was you didn't like the guy, or you are really a tool.
A real man does what's right.
so what exactly did he do?
Old 10-05-2006, 08:08 PM
Booster
I ♥ Acer

Doing about 100 mph on the interstate in rush hour traffic, cutting off people, not using turn signals, flipping people off who didn't get out of his way fast enough, and forced one person off the road. Actually saw him doing this on two different days within a week. The second time was the worst which prompted my report to the state police.
Old 10-05-2006, 08:13 PM
Demon 340
Administrator

so your state accepts hearsay as a form of evidence? interesting...
Old 10-05-2006, 08:36 PM
motoxdirtrider84
2nd Gear Member

BOOSTERS A NARC!!! Not trying to be a dick, just stating a fact.
Old 10-05-2006, 08:47 PM
Riven02
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: djl0657

No, I am a HUGE sprint car fan. When I lived in Maryland, I would get up to WILLIAMS GROVE SPEEDWAY often.

As I thought I clearly stated, a prosecution almost NEVER occurs; it is too much of a hassle for the witnessing driver. BUT, the procedure is in place if needed; most officers prefer to go by the house of the alleged offender OR call them on the phone.

Time to slip back to the V-6 side; just trying to explain how things CAN work. Going quietly back to where us NON-GT guys post.

Take care,

You sure are sinsitive about driving a v6. [sm=icon_stickpoke.gif]
Old 10-05-2006, 09:36 PM
Demon 340
Administrator

so i have checked with a police officer friend of mine. this information only applies to the state of new jersey, but he says that most states have similar laws.

when someone does something in traffic, you have to go file an official complaint at the police department. he said that its alot of paperwork for whoever is filing the complaint, and he said that you cant just "Call in", as we are guaranteed by the consitution to face our accusers. (VI)

So, say that someone cuts you out. you would have to go to the PD and fill out some forms and such, to make it official. Then, the person would be sent a summons, as would the accuser. Then you would appear in court, and basically go toe to toe for a judge. All of this just to get someone a ticket for careless driving. civilians cannot petition for wreckless driving, only cops can. Even then, say that person A files a complaint for careless driving against person B....person B can immeadiately file for the same complaint against person A, in which case it usually gets thrown out, or both people are found guilty.

Old 10-05-2006, 10:01 PM
Booster
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Ride Of The Month

so your state accepts hearsay as a form of evidence? interesting...
Like I said before:

Legal Education of the day for 达德利: When you testify in court it's no longer hearsay. Citations can be issued based upon "reasonable" belief (51% threshold). Conviction is from "Beyond a reasonable doubt" (90% threshold). That'll be $200.00 please.

Old 10-05-2006, 10:01 PM
Demon 340
Administrator

well, i clearly dont bother to read the nonsense that you post...youve not posting anything useful in your time here....

and no one is going to pay you for the "law lessons" that you pick up from law and order...
Old 10-05-2006, 10:09 PM
Booster
I ♥ Acer

If the accusor doesn't show the case is dismissed. I was the accusor, I showed, he got convicted (12 pts and a $500 plus costs if my memory serves me). The officer who issued the citation doesn't even have to be there (in some jurisdictions). Where did the A-B alphabet scenario come from. A is obeying the law and reports B for being a ***-hat dillweed, where does the A/B both getting found guilty come from?

Quick Reply: Run-in with local law enforcement