Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Run-in with local law enforcement

Old 10-05-2006, 10:11 PM
callahan
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Run-in with local law enforcement

You've got to be really careful speeding past those donut shops.
Old 10-05-2006, 10:20 PM
Demon 340
Administrator

because it becomes a "me against you" case, per the police officer with whom i talked tonight. what is to say that you werent the one in the wrong when i made whatever driving move that you didnt like? it would be like person A speeding up behind person B, and person B slams on the brakes. then person A files a complaint about person B hitting the brakes in an unsafe manner.
Old 10-05-2006, 11:00 PM
Booster
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Ride Of The Month

because it becomes a "me against you" case, per the police officer with whom i talked tonight. what is to say that you werent the one in the wrong when i made whatever driving move that you didnt like? it would be like person A speeding up behind person B, and person B slams on the brakes. then person A files a complaint about person B hitting the brakes in an unsafe manner.
I see your point however person B will need to file the complaint at about the same time as person A otherwise it will be viewed as a revenge motive and will have no weight.

In my case I personally went to the State Police station and filed a written complaint which was very detailed. Just think how it would be if the police would say things like; "Well Mr. Booster, sorry this happened, but we really can't do anything about it because it will be your word against his." Now how would that carry over to every other offense under the code? Pretty poor I would say.
Old 10-05-2006, 11:13 PM
Demon 340
Administrator

well, i dont feel that you made yourself clear of that when you told the story...you made it sound like you clapped your hands and he was in charged.

but if i may that "revenge" point, is something that they actually deal with fairly often, and in that case, he says that they often both suffer...but again, this is in new jersey.
Old 10-06-2006, 12:05 AM
Sonic Boom NH
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Booster

ORIGINAL: Sonic Boom NH

People, please don’t sweat it as there is NOTHING an officer can do unless they actually witness the situation. There is absolutely NOTHING a private citizen can do regardless if they witness the situation either unless they have video showing the situation AND your license plate AND you in the vehicle.
There is no way you can be any more wrong than what you have spouted here, there dudley.
Not wrong at all my friend but 100% absolutley correct. All I would have to do if some officer called me was to tell them I was never in the area. If they didn't see me then NOTHING they can do. Trust me I obey the laws as best I can, as does most anybody else, but I won't play with some officer calling on a power trip UNLESS he/she has proof, in other words THEY seen me themselves, other wise if its "some other" driver my reply:

"I was never in that area at that time, or any time I can recall, thanks, good-bye." and then hang the phone up...
Old 10-06-2006, 12:08 AM
Sonic Boom NH
2nd Gear Member

Doing about 100 mph on the interstate in rush hour traffic, cutting off people, not using turn signals, flipping people off who didn't get out of his way fast enough, and forced one person off the road. Actually saw him doing this on two different days within a week. The second time was the worst which prompted my report to the state police.
Trust me, this guy was not charged and convicted based off ONLY your word. I am willing to bet MANY people called in and that would have made it very hard for this guy to lie about it.

I don't know what it is with some people but I can tell you for a FACT officers do NOT have the kind of power some people think they have. They had better NOT ever call me unless they have some good solid proof and more then one person other wise they are wasting their time...
Old 10-06-2006, 12:14 AM
Sonic Boom NH
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Ride Of The Month

so your state accepts hearsay as a form of evidence? interesting...
Like I said before:

Legal Education of the day for 达德利: When you testify in court it's no longer hearsay. Citations can be issued based upon "reasonable" belief (51% threshold). Conviction is from "Beyond a reasonable doubt" (90% threshold). That'll be $200.00 please.

Traffic court is like divorce court which is you can lie your butt off and no one gives a crap. So if I got called into court I would bring a friend who would also state the "other driver" is an idiot because we were NOT in the area and at a businees meeting or where ever else we decided to lie about. Then the "other driver" and officer both look like complete idiots for their stupid power trip...

Case closed and NOTHING happens to me, officer, "other driver" and Judge can NOT do a damn thing to me because I have a witness who states I was not there...

Gotta love how the law works...
Old 10-06-2006, 12:22 AM
Booster
I ♥ Acer

Doing about 100 mph on the interstate in rush hour traffic, cutting off people, not using turn signals, flipping people off who didn't get out of his way fast enough, and forced one person off the road. Actually saw him doing this on two different days within a week. The second time was the worst which prompted my report to the state police.
Trust me, this guy was not charged and convicted based off ONLY your word. I am willing to bet MANY people called in and that would have made it very hard for this guy to lie about it.

I don't know what it is with some people but I can tell you for a FACT officers do NOT have the kind of power some people think they have. They had better NOT ever call me unless they have some good solid proof and more then one person other wise they are wasting their time...
Wrong there 达德利. I was the only complainant, the only witness. He was convicted. End of story.
Old 10-06-2006, 12:23 AM
Booster
I ♥ Acer

Not wrong at all my friend but 100% absolutley correct. All I would have to do if some officer called me was to tell them I was never in the area. If they didn't see me then NOTHING they can do. Trust me I obey the laws as best I can, as does most anybody else, but I won't play with some officer calling on a power trip UNLESS he/she has proof, in other words THEY seen me themselves, other wise if its "some other" driver my reply:

"I was never in that area at that time, or any time I can recall, thanks, good-bye." and then hang the phone up...
Let me know there 达德利 when you do this. I want to be there and witness you get a lesson in life.
Old 10-06-2006, 12:26 AM
Booster
I ♥ Acer

Traffic court is like divorce court which is you can lie your butt off and no one gives a crap. So if I got called into court I would bring a friend who would also state the "other driver" is an idiot because we were NOT in the area and at a businees meeting or where ever else we decided to lie about. Then the "other driver" and officer both look like complete idiots for their stupid power trip...

Case closed and NOTHING happens to me, officer, "other driver" and Judge can NOT do a damn thing to me because I have a witness who states I was not there...

Gotta love how the law works...
Hey 达德利. Let me know when you're going to try this cause I want to be there to see you get a lesson in life, and the perils of committing purjury and end up behind bars where your name will be changed to Francis.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Run-in with local law enforcement