Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Getting Heckled?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2006, 04:32 PM
Black Sunshine 07
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Getting Heckled?

i don't live in the big city, i reside in a smaller country town. tons of die hard chevy fans all over. but the day i got my car i've had nothing but stares and a lot of "man that's a good-lookin' car". nobody can deny the retro mustang look
Old 10-07-2006, 04:32 PM
Silencer06
2nd Gear Member

Location: Raised in Chicago; living near St. Louis in Troy, IL

ORIGINAL: Warlok

I live in San Antonio, and for the most part people here are jealous of anything some one else has thats shiney or brightly colored. At the drags two weeks ago, I didnt race just went to watch. You know how ya feel when you walk away from your brand new 07 GT and know that it will be out of your sight and reach?

I made a great effort to park as far out in the back of the lot as possible, like we all do in Walmarts etc. Still someone spit on my door and it ran down the side to the ground! Must have been a camel or something, I couldnt believe it. But at least it washed off, from what I have read here im lucky.

I may be the only one like this, but I am really paranoid of parking any place now that I can see and reach in a few seconds. I hope I get past this crap.

You're not the only one, Warlok. I've heard enough horror stories on this forum (keying at theaters, banging of doors, etc), that I've grown very paranoid of leaving my baby sitting out in the open for some disrespectful young punk to come over and damage her for no reason. Like you, I try not to leave it anywhere I can't see it....especially when I'm forced to park anywhere near a drunk or punk hangout (like a bar, theater, fast food joint near a HS, etc). I think it's funny that you said "I hope to get past this crap" -- unfortunately, you won't as long as there are ignorant f**ks in this world.
Old 10-07-2006, 04:38 PM
randybobr
2nd Gear Member

Didnt i see this same topic a few days ago ?
Old 10-07-2006, 05:38 PM
fordfanboy
I ♥ Acer

^^^welcome to mustang forums...lol

Seriously, I can't drive my car down the street without getting stopped. Always positive - never one single negative comment. Then again, many people know of or have heard of my car and respect it. I just get tired of all the 'LIGHT EM' UP!' requests...lol
Old 10-08-2006, 01:09 AM
8URWS6
2nd Gear Member

I had somebody try to run me off the road....twice.
Old 10-08-2006, 02:36 AM
BLackie
2nd Gear Member

Okay i will tell you somthing.People suck ***. What draws even MORE attention is that i am a 19 year old that looks 17. People give me dirty looks. One morning i walked out and saw eggs on my car. Then a month later a fu*ken smoke bomb was on it from i guess the night before. Last week i had a note that said" im gonna mess up this sh*t" so now i bought a car cover and have to cover my ride every day, two three times a day.(I have no garage no more) its a pain in the *** but its worth it, especially when you love car[]

P.s the cover protects my black and keeps dust off. Im begining to actually like it.
Old 10-08-2006, 05:08 AM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

no negative comments thus far, only positive reenforcement
Old 10-08-2006, 05:23 AM
06stangGT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: swensicle

I've noticed on a few occasions that all it takes for someone to heckle you is to be driving a new mustang. I was just driving along minding my own business and some guy has to yell at me from the car next to me for no reason.

I'm a younger guy, but it bothers me how stupid a lot of our younger population acts. It makes me want to carry a potato cannon in my car so I can launch some tato's at these idiots. Maybe there's some sort of "mobile flaming bag 'o' poo" that could be devised for situations like this.

Does anyone else get hassled just for driving a nice car?
allll the time
Old 10-08-2006, 12:44 PM
flewbyu
4th Gear Member

Just buy a camera system from Walmart. $29.95 without the monitor which you can pick up a blk & white one for next to nothing if its little. Just think, for a little money you can have an audio/video security camera that mounts above garage or door. It works really well and is clear with night vision. A little more cash and you can get a cheap vcr to record with 24 hour tapes if you dont have one laying around. The next jerk that trys to mess with your car is gonna be in for a surprise either by the beating you give him or buy the police. If your lucky both!

Even if they are not at the car up close it covers a wide area and they most likely will walk or drive by prior to the attempt giving more evidense for you and the fuzz to review.

Lord help anyone who attemps anything to my car. It is gonna be really sad when I catch them!!!!!
Old 10-08-2006, 05:07 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

I never get any comments. My wife says I look mean so maybe that's why.

Quick Reply: Getting Heckled?