Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Saleen Supercharger install with Pics

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2006, 01:45 AM
5StangsandCounting
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Saleen Supercharger install with Pics

No prob... Cyrptic, It was well worth the effort..
allodds.. I haven't dyno'd yet, but I actually got a P0175 code (running rich) before I put on the larger intake tube.. so I'm not sure if this says anyting about the tune, or just he at I was using a 8% smaller intake.. I've personally never hear anything about the JDm tune running lean, but I have no proof. I will say that I got two tunes from JDM, a street one ande a race one.. I've only been useing the street one so far, so possibly the race one is the leaner one..?
also, no interest in attempting the install yourself?.. I can respect the choice, but it really is worth the experience if you decide otherwise...

Old 10-06-2006, 01:48 AM
Trill Gear Head
4th Gear Member

Nice write up. I'm very impressed. [8D]
Old 10-06-2006, 01:59 AM
5StangsandCounting
1st Gear Member

ha ha.. even god hates ricers.. I love it
Old 10-06-2006, 04:24 AM
Herknav
3rd Gear Member

For a DD monster, I can't say enough about the Saleen blower. I for one do not intend to drag my car, and the folks at Dynospeed Racing in Memphis did an AWESOME job installing, then tuning my blower for the best, safest tune. My tuner said my car was a beast. I feel like I am living on the safe zone, watching the edge, but being on the safe side. I have had zero hiccups and a ton of performance. I am only a peddle push away from that cool WHOOOO sound and head snapping acceleration...
Old 10-06-2006, 05:20 AM
05SDI
3rd Gear Member

Very nice write up! and again welcome to this side of 500 hp! Kinda makes ya giggle like a little school girl 0-100 sprints!
05SDI
Old 10-06-2006, 10:51 AM
mikewillsmith
2nd Gear Member

Cool, another Saleen SC install. Welcome to the club!

Old 10-06-2006, 01:24 PM
5StangsandCounting
1st Gear Member

thanks for the welcome all..
it truely is a different car now. I don't think have ever been in a better Daily Driver! It is absolutely tame and normal for sitting in traffic, cruising the highway, but when its time to pass someone, or destroy a ricer.. . you hear an earie whine, and realize you've just broken several laws...

It makes me smile like I'm drunk every time i drive now..
Thank you Saleen!
Old 10-06-2006, 03:28 PM
againstallodds1

I know I would be able to do it, but my mechanic just did an engine swap on my 05 Acura TL, ( I detonated a piston, on spray and supercharged). So he put that car back to stock, It will be easier to swap cars and pick the mustang up the next day. Due to lack of time I have (working).
I have some drag radials that I will bolt on, make some passes. Everything else is stock on the car (yes including exhaust, for now. I hate how retarted the small pipes look coming out the back. Especially next to my boys 03 cobra.) I will be doing the exhaust after, probably bassani x and axel back.
According to JDM, everything stock on my car and the Saleen blower, stage 2, and my drags bolted up should be putting me at 11.9?'s.
Ill take that anyday.
Old 10-06-2006, 03:54 PM
S2K1
1st Gear Member

That'll add some fun to the daily commute.
Old 10-07-2006, 07:09 PM
saleensam

Hi, Im new to the forum I have a supercharge original saleen and Im wondering how did you fit the JLT cold air with the new alternator location and how did JDM tuned your vehicle i f you didn't buy their set up. I was told that you have to buy thei cold air intake including Lighting MAF. I would appreciate any information since I want to install cold air intake, smaller pulley and injectors, but I have not found anyone able to do a custom tuning.
Thanks.

Quick Reply: Saleen Supercharger install with Pics