Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

The highest HP TS 3V in the country...

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2006, 10:47 PM
Justastockmustang
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: The highest HP TS 3V in the country...

The torque multiplication from the transmission damaging the belt tensioner?

There are many accounts of tensioner problems that are on manual trans cars too. From the many threads on this topic it looks like deceleration whips the tensioner against it's stops, damaging it. It does not affect all systems in the same way.

ORIGINAL: fordfanboy

The reason is because the torque multiplication seen from the AOD and the tensioner/serpentine belt systems just can't handle it. I personally think this car will have the same problems when it goes to an auto trans.
Old 10-12-2006, 03:00 AM
fordfanboy
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Justastockmustang

The torque multiplication from the transmission damaging the belt tensioner?

There are many accounts of tensioner problems that are on manual trans cars too. From the many threads on this topic it looks like deceleration whips the tensioner against it's stops, damaging it. It does not affect all systems in the same way.

ORIGINAL: fordfanboy

The reason is because the torque multiplication seen from the AOD and the tensioner/serpentine belt systems just can't handle it. I personally think this car will have the same problems when it goes to an auto trans.
Of course not. I was speaking about my specific trans. (the art carr 4 speed aod) you see the trans free spins which puts decel pressure even harder. Adam is putting the same trans in his car and is why I said I think he may encounter the same problems. Grounding off the stop tab works on the KB when pushing under 15 psi. Over 15 psi is another issue. The saleen has a different problem with boost levels over 14 psi. When you have a free spinning trans and torque multiplication it doesn't work on any serpentine set-up over 14 psi. Even when befed up the tensioner, it ripped the pulley right off at the bolt. I have beenthrough this issue with all of the top shops in the country for several months. If it was fixable for my set-up I would still have the vortech. The fact I got a turbo says it all.

Adam is a hell of a builder (one of the best in the country for the S197) and he thinks the KB will be more workable than the vortech. He knows a lot more than me so he is probably right but I am still curious to see.
Old 10-12-2006, 02:56 PM
sw07gt
4th Gear Member

Actually there is a higher hp S197 out there. In the last 5.0 issue they had a 770 hp mustang from Livernois.
Old 10-12-2006, 05:18 PM
fordfanboy
I ♥ Acer

Did you read the post?? Obviously not. I said the highest HP TWIN SCREW. The Livernois car runs an F1 Procharger.
Old 10-12-2006, 06:06 PM
sw07gt
4th Gear Member

thats my bad I miss read it
Old 10-12-2006, 07:14 PM
fordfanboy
I ♥ Acer

No biggie. Yeah - the F1 is the biggest bang s/c available IMO. I've always referred to it as 'the leaf blower'.
Old 10-12-2006, 07:45 PM
sw07gt
4th Gear Member

yaa its huge that livernois stang is awesome
Old 10-12-2006, 11:44 PM
stangcrazy06

the june '06 issue of motor trend featured the livernois mustang competing against a hennessey viper, an accufab ford gt, a lingenfelter C6 and an mti GTO. all these cars were making in excess of 650whp. most were in the upper 700's! the livernois mustang had a perfect power curve rising as steady as can be from 300hp @ 3000rpm all the way up to 740whp at close to 7000rpm. this car is sick!
Old 10-13-2006, 12:06 AM
sw07gt
4th Gear Member

I'll have to run out and grab that motor trend.
Old 10-13-2006, 12:14 AM
stangcrazy06

like i said it was in june..

the november issue is already out now so i doubt you could find it on a newsstand but try the website. the article was called "target Z06".

i cant wait to read about this new 'stang in 5.0. will it be featured in next months issue?