Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

CHEAP LT's!!!

Old 10-11-2006, 09:42 PM
RodeoFlyer
4th Gear Member

Default CHEAP LT's!!!

for those of you who are more concerned with function than finesse, Summit has Hedmann LT's for our cars for under $300. I was gonna buy the painted Hooker's for $500, but $300 is a pretty good deal
Old 10-11-2006, 09:44 PM
doodad
5th Gear Member

Default RE: CHEAP LT's!!!

how about the quality? will that thing give us HP as much as those other EXPENSIVE LTs gives?

also send a link so we can see that too
Old 10-11-2006, 09:51 PM
RodeoFlyer
4th Gear Member

just go to Summit Racing's site or Hedmann's site. Everyone will have an opinion, but mine is that Hedmann has been around a long time and are as reliable as any. Obviously being painted they arent going to be pretty for too long, but I don't care. As far as materials, any of them are going to outlive our cars, so i'm not concerned with what grade it is, but that's just me.
Old 10-11-2006, 10:16 PM
CrazyAl
5th Gear Member

Performance-wise you are going to see very little difference between cheap headers like the Hedmans & Hookers vs the premium $$$ brands.

However, the painted mild steel headers will rust pretty quick. My experience with Hedmans has made me very wary of leaks as well. Though, this was on a small block chevy--perhaps things are different on their newer designs.

One thing to keep in mind when you look at these cheap headers is what do you get in the kit? Extra parts you may need like bolts, gaskets, seals, matching midpipes, and so forth will add up quickly. Of course it's still going to be a lot cheaper than a $1400 Kooks set, but it's most likely going to be more than $300.
Old 10-11-2006, 10:34 PM
Riven02
4th Gear Member

I didnt look a whole lot but i didnt see a matching mid pipe for the hedman Headers. I would assume there has to be one .
Old 10-12-2006, 01:58 PM
06VistaBlue
2nd Gear Member

Here's the link

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku
Old 10-12-2006, 03:22 PM
Riven02
4th Gear Member

Did anyone find a midpipe?
Old 10-12-2006, 08:35 PM
RodeoFlyer
4th Gear Member

I haven't found a mid-pipe for the Hedman's. A good muffler shop should be able to fabricate you one cheaper than you can buy it anyway. Hooker has one for their headers that uses the factory cats with their LT's
Old 10-12-2006, 08:41 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

cheaper headers will typically sacrifice in one or more areas - Quality of material or durability of material used, R&D for ease of install or proper clearances, and finish of product.

Performance will be about equal for all of them but the more expensive ones tend to look nice longer, have not mods needed on your car to fit the way they were intended, and should be straightforward to install.
Old 10-12-2006, 11:21 PM
Riven02
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: RodeoFlyer

I haven't found a mid-pipe for the Hedman's. A good muffler shop should be able to fabricate you one cheaper than you can buy it anyway. Hooker has one for their headers that uses the factory cats with their LT's
I wouldnt trust a muffler shop to touch my car. I have beena round to many ****ty muffler shops.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: CHEAP LT's!!!