Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Buying lots of mods, help me out with good prices!

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2006, 11:26 PM
OxSMSxO
2nd Gear Member

Default Buying lots of mods, help me out with good prices!

Somehow as I stated before my SCT tuner dissapeared, Brent sent me a new tune, but blah, can't install! So it just motivated me to have some work done to my car. So here is what I am ordering, help with where you ordered them and price would be appreciated.

Performance
1. 4.10 Gears
2. Kooks or Dynatech LT's with Catted X Pipe(I hear they yield about the same, so price will determine which)
3. SLP LM Axle Back
4. I want my car to be lower, but heard it can throw off angles so a good kit to lower the car a bit. Possibly the Saleen Kit.
5. UDP's

Appearance
1. Foose Nitrous Wheels in the Grey, Tire Combo Preferred
2. Billet Grill
3. Louvers
4. Ducktail Spoiler

I know there are a ton of post guys, and I am with you, I SHOULD search for each individually. What Im hoping is a sponsor or so will hook me up with a discount as I plan on dropping a bit!

I figure throwing all the Performance parts on at once and getting a custom tune will yield more results then one Brent can send me, and I just eat the $375 with the lost SCT. Which makes me wonder, when a shop custom tunes it, do you have to buy another one? I still have my box and whatnot, will be dissapointed if I have to buy another. And if you guys would, a good guess on my hp number with said mods(already have C&L intake).
Old 10-15-2006, 01:39 AM
Boostaddict
Former Sponsor

Default RE: Buying lots of mods, help me out with good prices!

Give us a call on Monday and we'll do our best to make you a great deal and earn your business!! Thanks, Jared
ORIGINAL: OxSMSxO

Somehow as I stated before my SCT tuner dissapeared, Brent sent me a new tune, but blah, can't install! So it just motivated me to have some work done to my car. So here is what I am ordering, help with where you ordered them and price would be appreciated.

Performance
1. 4.10 Gears
2. Kooks or Dynatech LT's with Catted X Pipe(I hear they yield about the same, so price will determine which)
3. SLP LM Axle Back
4. I want my car to be lower, but heard it can throw off angles so a good kit to lower the car a bit. Possibly the Saleen Kit.
5. UDP's

Appearance
1. Foose Nitrous Wheels in the Grey, Tire Combo Preferred
2. Billet Grill
3. Louvers
4. Ducktail Spoiler

I know there are a ton of post guys, and I am with you, I SHOULD search for each individually. What Im hoping is a sponsor or so will hook me up with a discount as I plan on dropping a bit!

I figure throwing all the Performance parts on at once and getting a custom tune will yield more results then one Brent can send me, and I just eat the $375 with the lost SCT. Which makes me wonder, when a shop custom tunes it, do you have to buy another one? I still have my box and whatnot, will be dissapointed if I have to buy another. And if you guys would, a good guess on my hp number with said mods(already have C&L intake).
Old 10-15-2006, 02:09 AM
stangcrazy06

lowering your car in any way even if its just an inch will throw off the suspension geometry, so a re alighnment will be necessary anyways. suspension wise just go with whatever your looking for. most people go with tokico D spec struts for their adjustability which is really nice if your planning weekend track days but also want a soft ride on the street. i havent heard much about the saleen but its probably a pretty good kit. if i were you i would just go with the tokico struts and a good rear sway bar. this will make your car perform like a whole new car and you will notice a huge transformation. lethal performance has some pretty good prices and im sure if you called them up and ordered everything through them you would get a pretty good deal.
Old 10-15-2006, 02:10 AM
stangcrazy06

lowering your car in any way even if its just an inch will throw off the suspension geometry, so a re alighnment will be necessary anyways. suspension wise just go with whatever your looking for. most people go with tokico D spec struts for their adjustability which is really nice if your planning weekend track days but also want a soft ride on the street. i havent heard much about the saleen but its probably a pretty good kit. if i were you i would just go with the tokico struts and a good rear sway bar. this will make your car perform like a whole new car and you will notice a huge transformation. lethal performance has some pretty good prices and im sure if you called them up and ordered everything through them you would get a pretty good deal.