Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

What strut tower brace will fit

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2006, 02:56 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

Default What strut tower brace will fit

Ok, for anyone who knows, what strut tower brace will FIT over the FORD PLenum cover. Ford stated that their Ford racing one will not...anyone know...2005 mustang gt with the Ford Plenum cover...

[IMG]local://upfiles/42783/58F8CB7A25C64CDA9697C833834F3F3F.jpg[/IMG]
Old 10-15-2006, 03:52 PM
jc63_
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: What strut tower brace will fit

I think that I read the the V6 model will fit because of the extra height.
I think I got that info from the fordracingparts website
Old 10-15-2006, 04:32 PM
phatphil
3rd Gear Member

Steeda has a real nice one that will clear the cover but you need to specify that you have a plenum cover. Just contact them and they should be able to hook you up.
Old 10-15-2006, 04:39 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

thx phatphil
Old 10-15-2006, 04:39 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

wait, does it HAVE To say steeda though??? hope not
Old 10-15-2006, 04:53 PM
classj
4th Gear Member

I got one from grantelli (spelling?) It is coming tommorow. Cost 50 bucks for the mustang source members. Just a black powdercoated steel bar that mimics the gt500 bar.

It supposidly clears the cover. Some people had to lower the cover a bit by removing the fuel rail stud and using that to hold the cover down which lowers it a bit.

I guess I will see if it fits soon enough. But a lot of guys are using them.

Strange development makes a nice one the clears the cover but hits the hood pad. But it is a couple hundred bucks and I didnt want to spend that much on this kind of part when the gain is questionable.

Also, if I supercharge the car and the bar wont fit, or I have to change it for another, I can deal with wasting 50 dollars, but not 250.
Old 10-15-2006, 05:58 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

thx, classJ...hey please update me after you see if it fits and how..please..thank you again..I agree on the 200 vs 50 bucks part as well
ORIGINAL: classj

I got one from grantelli (spelling?) It is coming tommorow. Cost 50 bucks for the mustang source members. Just a black powdercoated steel bar that mimics the gt500 bar.

It supposidly clears the cover. Some people had to lower the cover a bit by removing the fuel rail stud and using that to hold the cover down which lowers it a bit.

I guess I will see if it fits soon enough. But a lot of guys are using them.

Strange development makes a nice one the clears the cover but hits the hood pad. But it is a couple hundred bucks and I didnt want to spend that much on this kind of part when the gain is questionable.

Also, if I supercharge the car and the bar wont fit, or I have to change it for another, I can deal with wasting 50 dollars, but not 250.
Old 10-15-2006, 07:55 PM
classj
4th Gear Member

No problem cheftjpeck. I will review it and post pics.

Hoping it will be here tommorow. Worst case tuesday. I ordered it right from granatelli. The guy I spoke to claimed he didnt know if it would clear. But they have instructions right on their website that says it does. I asked him how much it was and whether I should order it from summit racing for 80 bucks +10 shipping or from him. He asked if I was a member of any online forums, I told him TMS. He said, OK, 50 bucks plus 15 dollars shipping to NJ. Cant beat that!

Here is the instruction page for it. I hear it might fit without lowering the cover.

http://www.granatellimotorsports.com/pdf/manual74.pdf
Old 10-15-2006, 08:47 PM
Apoptosis
poptart tits

ORIGINAL: cheftjpeck

Ok, for anyone who knows, what strut tower brace will FIT over the FORD PLenum cover. Ford stated that their Ford racing one will not...anyone know...2005 mustang gt with the Ford Plenum cover...

[IMG]local://upfiles/42783/58F8CB7A25C64CDA9697C833834F3F3F.jpg[/IMG]
On Granatellis website they have a strut tower brace that goes over a plenum cover
Old 10-15-2006, 11:01 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: classj

No problem cheftjpeck. I will review it and post pics.

Hoping it will be here tommorow. Worst case tuesday. I ordered it right from granatelli. The guy I spoke to claimed he didnt know if it would clear. But they have instructions right on their website that says it does. I asked him how much it was and whether I should order it from summit racing for 80 bucks +10 shipping or from him. He asked if I was a member of any online forums, I told him TMS. He said, OK, 50 bucks plus 15 dollars shipping to NJ. Cant beat that!

Here is the instruction page for it. I hear it might fit without lowering the cover.

http://www.granatellimotorsports.com/pdf/manual74.pdf
Looking forward to your input, partner..

Quick Reply: What strut tower brace will fit