Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Roush GT Coil Springs

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 04:00 AM
bonedaddyjr06
1st Gear Member

Default Roush GT Coil Springs

I was looking at geting the Roush GT Coil Springs and was wondering if that was the best way to go. I really miss some of the handling that i used to get out of my SRT-4 and was hoping to possibly get some back with springs.

Thanks
Cody
Old 10-17-2006, 01:39 PM
F1Fan
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Roush GT Coil Springs

Hi bone,

Look at this site's suspension setion in particular the lowering thread at the top.

HTH

ORIGINAL: bonedaddyjr06

I was looking at geting the Roush GT Coil Springs and was wondering if that was the best way to go. I really miss some of the handling that i used to get out of my SRT-4 and was hoping to possibly get some back with springs.

Thanks
Cody
Old 10-17-2006, 11:07 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Personally I would go with the ford racing springs or the eibach pro springs. I think it's the perfect amount of drop for this car and it rides good even with the stock shocks/struts. The ford racing are the cheaper of the three as well. Be sure to get the camber bolts for the front if you go with the ford or eibach springs.
Old 10-18-2006, 12:45 AM
bonedaddyjr06
1st Gear Member

thanks for the help guys.....ill take a look at both of those
Old 10-18-2006, 10:46 PM
F1Fan
4th Gear Member

Hi moose,

If you read the thread I mentioned you woulld see that Eibach ProKit/FRPP springs are my first choice in streetable sport springs for the S197GT. The Eibach ProKit sport springs are as low as is practical on the S197Gt with the stock 27" tall wheel/tire combination. Even here in SoCal with our relatively smooth roads I scrape ntering many driveways unless very carefull approaching. For most people I think Steeda and H&R have it about right, 3/4"-1" in front and 1"-1.2" lower in back. The Eibach/FRPP is also the stiffest of the conventional sport springs available and again if the rate were much stiffer even with Tokico D-Spec dampers you'll have a very over stiff ride even on 17" wheels/tires. People riding on 19"-20" wheels/tires will be hating life.

Initally Ford's OE dampers will be O.K. but they quicky blow out and the car will become bouncy. I'm did this in about 3,000 miles. This was where I was for many months while waiting for the wide range adjustable D-Spec dampers. I got one of the first sets of D-Specs available, my set was from Tokico and marked as an engineering sample for Steeda. I got them in and once I found what the car liked I just laugh out loud and grin like a maniac everytime I drive the car. I suggest that no matter what sport spring you install that you seriously consider installing a set of Tokico D-Spec dampers and camber bolts at the same time. You will wind up getting the better dampers anyway and the camber bolts will make your front end alignments faster to get right on the money.

All this stuff happened to me and others soon after. If you can do the sping installation yourself as I did by all means install the springs first. If you have to pay someone do them both at the same time. This will save you half the cost of the D-Specs!

HTH/Chip

ORIGINAL: moosestang

Personally I would go with the ford racing springs or the eibach pro springs. I think it's the perfect amount of drop for this car and it rides good even with the stock shocks/struts. The ford racing are the cheaper of the three as well. Be sure to get the camber bolts for the front if you go with the ford or eibach springs.