Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

GT vs GT kill

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 08:33 PM
06hoss
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: GT vs GT kill

Hey Screaming Yellow 06, nice story. If he would have given me a ticket, I would have screamed entrapment with him revving the motor and all...not that it would have helped. Nice yellow color with the stripes too.

Hey mikewillsmith, nice write up on the Saleen install. What is that black canister over by the passenger side shock tower? SC oil container maybe?
Old 10-17-2006, 08:43 PM
Krod07GT

That is the huge intercooler coolant tank...
Old 10-17-2006, 08:54 PM
jc63_
2nd Gear Member

While I like your story, I have to throw this out...we had 4 guys on my ship die a couple of weeks ago doing 80+ in a vert that rolled...they couldn't ID the driver, and ended up having to piece together the remainding bodies...only 1 was able to have an open casket...be SUPER careful...
Old 10-17-2006, 09:08 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mikewillsmith

OK, I know I shouldn't be messing with other Mustang owners, but this was fun all the same. In my area you don't see many new Mustangs so over the weekend I saw a red GT in front of me, so I picked up the pace to get closer. As I slowely come up on the Red GT I see that it has some mods, window covers, 20" wheels and some loud a** exhaust with big tips. No traffic around and I hear the exhaust pick up as he tires to loose me. I stay with him, but he hasn't mashed it yet. (Keep in mind I wasn't being a dick or tailgating, just having fun pacing him). When the road allowed I rolled up a little closer and signaled for the pass. As soon as the signal went on I hear a huge roar from his exhaust as he mashed it. I can tell from the kick down hesistation that he is an automatic. I knew he was likely going to play so I was rev'd up and ready to mash it. I mash it and go easily around the outside and he slowly slides into the rear view as I leave him.
Then we both backed off, he was beaten and knew it. When I turn into work he pulls in behind me and I'm thinking this is going 1 of 2 ways. Either he is cool and wants to chat Mustang, or he is a d*ck and is going to bark at me for passing him. Turns out he was cool and just had to know how "just another GT conv." blew him off. He starts in taling about how his exhaust and CAI and not weighing as much as the Conv should have meant he had me "easy"... I pop the hood and he gets an eyeful of Saleen SC and the other tricks and just about faints (remember new Mustangs are rare where I live and no one around here really mods them). He smiles and says he isn't going to play with me anymore and drives off.
Nice fun drive and much nicer than the ricer BS that usually tries to hassle me.
You gotta watch out for those "just another GT convs out there".
Great story with a nice end to it....
Old 10-18-2006, 01:26 AM
GuitarGuyBMG
2nd Gear Member

Hey screamin? Where you from in south carolina? Im up here in Greenville and will be at Clemson in the winter.
Old 10-18-2006, 02:10 AM
05SDI
3rd Gear Member

Here is our little sleeper and soon to be sleeper. IF they were the same color I would enjoy running around in the blown GT dressed in V6 bumpers and grill! Just for a while, and to make some chevy guys wonder!!

Old 10-18-2006, 03:13 AM
johnnyv8
4th Gear Member

i messed around a 02ish Gt w/ my 06 gt... lol; wasnt too much fun. Im still waiting to run into a new cobra, that car has to sound so mean.
Old 10-18-2006, 10:40 AM
mikewillsmith
2nd Gear Member

[/quote]
Yeah, your car is very unassuming. Although with all that extra power how are the suspension, tires/wheels & brakes holding up?
[/quote]

I only have about 1000 miles since the SC install but everything is doing fine. I don't really pound on the car or drag it though. The occasional burn out and the occasional fast blast. I really just did the SC so that it was "something more" that just another GT vert. Its more of a fun daily driver than a built to the hilt race car. I'd say the only parts that are suffering since the SC install are the rear tires!!

jc63...
Thanks for your concern. I'm careful, but I also live my life. I also have one of those motorcycle things your mom warned you about and a couple other verts. I love my family and want to be around for my kids, but it doesn't mean you have to get all paranoid. On the interstates here in Maine the normal flow is about 80mph. I don't drink and I don't talk on the cell phone while I drive, and I'm not ready for a Volvo just yet.
Old 10-18-2006, 11:01 AM
Screamin Yellow 06
1st Gear Member

Hey bushbanger and guitarguybmg......

I'm just outside of Charleston in Summerville.
Old 10-18-2006, 12:07 PM
Black06GT40324
3rd Gear Member

yeah. . . i had fun racing a KENNE BELLE Blown 06 GT at the dragstrip. . . cool thing was, i could get him on the lights and takeoff. . . had him about 2 cars at the 8th. . . but he came truckin on by me the last part and trapped like 112 or 115. . . i was like. . . NICEEEE!!!!!

he was running like 12.5's . . . he could have had elevens easily with DR's. . . i could have had 12.5's with DR's. . .

it was fun though, i know what you mean

Quick Reply: GT vs GT kill