Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

after you think you hear them all..

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2006, 11:49 AM
thedrod
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: after you think you hear them all..

ORIGINAL: 06stangGT

well, i was at first a little afraid, then he told me it only has 190 HP to the front wheels....so...i dont know
I hate to be a smart a$$ but please read the following defintion taken from Dictionary.com

de‧cep‧tion 

–noun 1. the act of deceiving; the state of being deceived.
2. something that deceives or is intended to deceive; fraud; artifice.

—Synonyms 2. trick, stratagem, ruse, wile, hoax, imposture.

n.
The use of deceit.
The fact or state of being deceived.
A ruse; a trick.
Old 10-18-2006, 01:36 PM
saud alzaabi
3rd Gear Member

So after i thought I heard all the excuses from a ricer that I could possibly hear.... I heard a NEW one about an hour ago. Their's this kid in town that just got an older talon with a stock turbo, front wheel drive, cai, and exhaust. He's like... ill run ya, it'll be close. Im like...alright....Why not put some money on it. (This was monday) I had to go out of town for the night and I just got back tonight. (We planned it out that we would race wednesday if the weather clears up.) He calls me up tonight and he's like... "hey man, i can't roll out tomorrow.... my waste gate doesnt wanna close......so the car's not buildin up any boost" [sm=icon_rofl.gif]

So i thought i heard them all....but i guess not.

Dude at least thats something to belive... there was this guy with a lumina ss 2002 ( holden comodor ) ls1 motor.. he has been calling me for a week .. and when the time came i asked him what do u have on the car he said nothing just the catbacks so i said ok kewl .. my car is stock ... so we ran the race 3 times and i still beat him ... so then he stopped really ngry and wanted to fight me.. lol he said why dont you come to emirates road ( a huge highway here ) so i said DUDE this road is like 500 kms ( more thant 1/4 mile ) and he said no my sensors in the tranny are not working well .. so i told him yeah right youve been calling me out for a weeek when i was in the college why didnt u fix this car ? he said no it happened today .. so i told him alright fix ur car then come back to me ... and after 4 months of the race a i heard form guys that his car had cams and headers with a filter.. lol s.o.b HE LIED TO ME..
Old 10-18-2006, 06:54 PM
06stangGT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: thedrod

well, i was at first a little afraid, then he told me it only has 190 HP to the front wheels....so...i dont know
I hate to be a smart a$$ but please read the following defintion taken from Dictionary.com

de‧cep‧tion 

–noun 1. the act of deceiving; the state of being deceived.
2. something that deceives or is intended to deceive; fraud; artifice.

—Synonyms 2. trick, stratagem, ruse, wile, hoax, imposture.

n.
The use of deceit.
The fact or state of being deceived.
A ruse; a trick.

He's not smart enough to even know how to do that

..... well ill let everyone know what happens...and ill try to get a video of it as well. Should happen later this week.
Old 10-18-2006, 07:50 PM
brewcity
2nd Gear Member

watch out for those talons lol check out this guy he holds the world record for 1/4 mile time in the awd bracket. http://shepracing.com/
Old 10-18-2006, 08:17 PM
05gtdriver
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: brewcity

watch out for those talons lol check out this guy he holds the world record for 1/4 mile time in the awd bracket. http://shepracing.com/
That's freakin' insane! Still....I wouldn't want one, but that's pretty impressive. I'll just stick to my mid 13 second completely stock(for now) and reliable hot looking S197 GT.
Old 10-18-2006, 09:54 PM
carnut
1st Gear Member

if only that talon above wasnt so ugly. 7.7 1/4 mile is fast as he11! probably is completely built with a bare metal interior but oh well.
Old 11-12-2006, 01:45 PM
06stangGT
4th Gear Member

Default UPDATE: after you think you hear them all..

soo after a few weeeks this kid flipped his car. BUT, it wasnt all his fault, he was tryin to miss a dear out on a country road. So, i ended up racing another kid that has the exact same car. i was on my way home from work when i ran into him. We took off and i got the jump, and kept about a car length till the end of second and slowly put another length on him. Shut down at about 130.

thought he was gonna take me after all the posts everyone was sayin. he was a good sport because he didnt do the all famous flyby! He got up even with me again, stuck his arm out the window and gave me a thumbs up and stayed back the rest of the time!
Old 11-12-2006, 02:52 PM
jay0heavenly
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: UPDATE: after you think you hear them all..

Congrats[8D]