Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Help, convertible top broken!

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2006, 07:18 PM
jjnoguera

Default Help, convertible top broken!

Hello, I am from Chile and I am having a serius problem with my 2006 Mustang GT premium convertible version, the convertible top (the frame) is broken due to a manufacturer problems. Ford Chile is not responding me with the garantee cause they say there is no problem at all with the convertible top in the world, I have inside information from Ford people that this model comes with a frame failure. They say if I repair it with a new parts by ford, the same problem will happens, and they are offering me a new frame much better than the original.
Does anyone knows something about this?, what is the part number for the new frame that ford is changing for the ones which comes with a malfunction?
help please, send me some TSB or recalls for the convertible top for the 2006 edition.
regards

jose
Old 10-18-2006, 11:55 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Help, convertible top broken!

I am not aware of a TSB, but your Ford dealer is full of it..so what if there is not a problem with other tops..yours does have one problem and if they honor warranty, they should take care of it...
Old 10-19-2006, 11:19 AM
BoidMorphs
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Help, convertible top broken!

+1 I have an '06 convertible that works fine but if it didn't, I'd be at the dealer in a heart beat. If there are no dealers that will handle the situation properly ask them for a toll free number to contact someone at FORD much higher up in authority to take care of you. I'm not sure how things are set up in Chile but there may be a regional manager for that country or perhaps all of South America that you can call to handle warranty claims that are not handled in a satisfactory manner at the dealer level. To say there's nothing they can do is bull crap.
I've had that line thrown at me on other issues, that there are no TSB's on XXX. My answer is how do you think all existing TSB's got there in the first place? Sopmeone had to make FORD aware of a problem.
ORIGINAL: TPony

I am not aware of a TSB, but your Ford dealer is full of it..so what if there is not a problem with other tops..yours does have one problem and if they honor warranty, they should take care of it...