Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Foglights

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 11:07 AM
Big McLargeHuge

Default Foglights

When is it appropriate to use the GT's foglights? The owner's manual doesn't say. I've seen GTs around town at night with them on, and it was a clear night. I just wouldn't want to blind any oncoming drivers or anything. Thanks.
Old 10-19-2006, 11:20 AM
flewbyu
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Foglights

I only use my fogs. I have never used the reg lights once. If you want to be PC then you should only use them in fog conditions. They are mounted improperly IMO for true use anyway, they should be lower to the ground. They are bright but not brighter than the guys running hyper white bulbs. (there are many with them)
Old 10-19-2006, 11:26 AM
Apoptosis
poptart tits

I use both of them at night, its not my fault the s197GT looks so freaking sweet with them on.
Old 10-19-2006, 11:39 AM
swensicle
2nd Gear Member

Ktown makes a good point. I use mine most of the time too. Besides, I don't want somebody thinking I'm driving a V6 because they don't see the foglights.
Old 10-19-2006, 11:54 AM
Archion
4th Gear Member

They are clear, not yellow, so technically they are Driving Lights.
Old 10-19-2006, 01:58 PM
Saleen302
I ♥ Acer

Hey use em when "you" want. A cop may pull you over and ticket you for driving at night with just the fog lights on. Get in an accident and see what happens. Sometimes being cool is being a fool.
Old 10-19-2006, 02:05 PM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

Usually I drive with both the regular lights and fog lights on at night.
Old 10-19-2006, 02:46 PM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

I don't really consider them fog lights...........I consider them secondary driving lights. They offer the same luminosity as the outter lights. I usually use them by themselves when its raining or in the hours around dawn or sunset.......when there is sunlight, just not alot of it. At night, I use my outter lights only...........I think I enjoy the sleeper effect too much. The only time I'll use both sets is when visibility is low enough that one set isn't getting the job done.

So that's my system.
Old 10-19-2006, 02:51 PM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

Yes, it's true, you can use the fog lights when there's NO fog!
The center fogs are pointed lower and if properly aligned shouldn't interfere with oncoming drivers. Can't say I've ever noticed any GTs at night yet, but I don't drive much at night any more.
If I forget to turn them on I usually end up pulling the switch out when I drive on the freeway next to one of those cement dividers. The fogs help to light up to the sides better.
Old 10-19-2006, 02:51 PM
Arrow
2nd Gear Member

It's more the direction of the light, than anything else, that defines them as fogs. I too use mine almost always when my mains are on, just for effect and added presence. I frequently drive a backwoods road that gets heavy fog almost every night, and the fogs on the GT are great. Unlike most other fogs, the ones on the GT not only illuminate the immediate roadway, but they also have just enough high-angle to put light on deer and racoons.

Personally, if the lenses were yellow, the car would look like a Tipex coming down the road...[:'(]

Gonna upgrade to some angel-eyes soon...maybe...

Quick Reply: Foglights