Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Ford Racing Power Pack

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2007, 01:59 PM
Lees07GT
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Ford Racing Power Pack

ORIGINAL: shaners90lxhatch

If the power packs are installed properly and all the fine print read and followed - your warranty should remain intact. ANY other similar mods will have warranty conflicts. IMO, there is no equal to the FRPP stuff. First, you know the quality of the parts will be of the highest caliber. You will have factory trained techs install it. AND you won't have warranty conflicts. The alternatives seem to be inferior in all three of these aspects.
Shane,
Correct me if I am wrong, but you seem to be saying thatthe original factory warranty will be generally unaffected if the FRPP products are installed bya Ford dealer. Two questions..., Are all dealers in the business of installing FRPP equipment or only FRPP-authorizeddealers? What if I install the FRPP CAI and tune myself? Would this cause me problems with the original factory warranty?
Old 02-24-2007, 02:31 PM
shaners90lxhatch
3rd Gear Member

FRPP is a completely different group of FoMoCo. The ONLY, I repeat ONLY warrantable mods available for this vehicle are the FRPP "Power Packs". I have not read the details regarding installation and registration but I am sure it involves a Ford dealer as the installer. There are no FRPP certified dealers. I don't want to give inaccurate information, so you are best off doing some research on the fine details. I am sure they are easily available online or in the catalog itself. But the premise is that not all FRPP stuff will protect your bumper to bumper; rather only these new specific items.
Old 02-24-2007, 02:47 PM
Lees07GT
2nd Gear Member

The reason I referred to FRPP authorized dealers is that in my local area, we have only one Ford dealer that sells FRPP stuff across the counter. The FRPP 07 catalog lists them (Kimnach Ford) as a retail and wholesale FRPP dealer. Some FRPP dealers are also listed in the catalog as FRPP installers (only one in my state of VA, Cowles Ford).
Old 02-24-2007, 02:55 PM
shaners90lxhatch
3rd Gear Member

That just means they are a licensed seller ofFRPP products. Ford does not imply that special warranty coverage will be present if these, or any other dealers are to install them.
Your local speed shop can't stock FRPP products unless they are "licensed".
Many dealer's don't bother selling FRPP stuff for reasons other than getting this license.
Old 02-24-2007, 03:06 PM
Lees07GT
2nd Gear Member

That just means they are a licensed seller ofFRPP products. Ford does not imply that special warranty coverage will be present if these, or any other dealers are to install them.
Many dealer's don't bother selling FRPP stuff for reasons other than getting this license.
Thanks for the info. I'm still trying to decide which, if any, tuning mods I might decide to doin the future. The FRPP pack certainly seemsto be a "safer" route to go compared toother aftermarket vendors. Thanks again.
Old 02-24-2007, 03:10 PM
shaners90lxhatch
3rd Gear Member

Anytime man. Although I work for the manufacturer, I am more of a customer advocate thanI am a corporate one. I would rather you guys mod your car in a relatively safe manner than potentially getting stuck with a several thousand dollar bill when your other mods blow the car up. Not only would that reduce your faith in their products, but you would get to experience the cut-throat businessend of the warranty policy as well. You'd essentially get a kick in the junk and pay the guy doing the kicking.
Old 02-24-2007, 05:30 PM
GT Newbie
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Lees07GT

Thanks for the info. I'm still trying to decide which, if any, tuning mods I might decide to doin the future. The FRPP pack certainly seemsto be a "safer" route to go compared toother aftermarket vendors. Thanks again.

Hey Lee- Shaner gave you excellent advice (especially his last posting about geting stuck with a several thousand $$ bill when your car ultimately blows up...).

I initiated a very long (5 pages) and detailed thread specifically relating to the FRPP (maybe you can still find it through "search"), because nobody here on the MF seemed willing to believe me when I told them that I still have my full 3 year warranty on both the FRPP parts AND my entire car.
However, this is ONLY (repeat: ONLY) possible if your FRPP is installed by one of only a handful (at this time) of authorized Ford "Motorsports" dealers (which is NOT the same as a Ford SVT dealer!).
In my case it was Downs Ford in Toms River NJ, and they told me there's another one in Arizona.
This fact is almost completely unknown by most other Ford dealers since it was only started as a "pilot" program about 9 or 10 months ago because they HAD to find a way to waranty the Mustang GT's with the FRPP seeing as how it's the EXACT same performance package that's on the Shelby GT-H (and GT-350)- which of course ALSO come with the full 3 year / 36,000 mile factory warranty.

The ONLY other stipulation besides having it installed by an authorized Ford "Motorsport" dealer is that your car must have less than 1000 miles on the clock. If it's over 1000 miles, then you will only qualify for a full 12 month / 12,000 mile warranty on everything.
If you have any other question you can contact Rick at Downs Ford (732) 349 2240 (extension 948).
He will be able to answer ALL of your questions.
Hope this has been of help.
I am one VERY satisfied FRPP customer (best $1362 I ever spent).....!!

[IMG]local://upfiles/53083/D6A2FB56090C4350944626D71A5D7A5E.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/53083/B8DF33CDC4AD45F0BDB16B0EE75A9FF0.jpg[/IMG]
Old 02-24-2007, 05:46 PM
explict
4th Gear Member

What kind of gains do you get from the FRPP Power Package?
Old 02-24-2007, 05:52 PM
GT Newbie
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: explict

What kind of gains do you get from the FRPP Power Package?

20 h.p. gain without an x-pipe (which only adds another 5 h.p. and will make a more "raspy" instead of a deep growl from your exhaust.
It's EXACTLY the same performance package that comes on the Shelby GT-H (and GT-350) which is rated at 325 h.p.

It's not "just" the added h.p. though, cause it decreases that anoying "throttle-lag", has a MUCH improved sound over the stock mufflers (and NO drone!), and especially for an auto tranny it firms the shifts so that it goes through the gears faster (though just as "smooth").
If you read postings about other aftermarket tunes you'll hear that
those cars sometimes "slam" through the gears roughly....!

[IMG]local://upfiles/53083/DEE46322E75C4C8BB1FD52CDFFE8615F.jpg[/IMG]
Old 02-24-2007, 05:56 PM
explict
4th Gear Member

So I would be better off buying C&L with tune and another aftermarket exhaust then?

Quick Reply: Ford Racing Power Pack