Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Ford Racing Power Pack

Old 02-24-2007, 06:02 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Default RE: Ford Racing Power Pack

I am guessing that means its 20HP @ crank not at the wheels. That makes more sense. It just took me forever to figure that out. I think you lost 18% due to drivetrain so you are adding about 16 RWHP to your output without the x-pipe and that would add another 4 RWHP.

So the FRPP CAI and tune add about 16-17 HP while a custom Brenspeed or B amachips adds about 25-28, about 10 hp difference.
Old 02-24-2007, 06:02 PM
GT Newbie
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: explict

So I would be better off buying C&L with tune and another aftermarket exhaust then?

Why would you want to do that without first listening to the GTA's (which are part of the FRPP)?
The sound of the GTA's is FABULOUS (not only to me, but to a lot of other MF members).
It's only very slightly louder than stock at idle or when cruising (no annoying "drone"!), but it has this fantastic deep G R O W L at half-throttle, and really ROARS at WOT.
Best of both worlds if you ask me.....!
Old 02-24-2007, 06:05 PM
GT Newbie
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: howarmat

I am guessing that means its 20HP @ crank not at the wheels. That makes more sense. It just took me forever to figure that out. I think you lost 18% due to drivetrain so you are adding about 16 RWHP to your output without the x-pipe and that would add another 4 RWHP.

So the FRPP CAI and tune add about 16-17 HP while a custom Brenspeed or B amachips adds about 25-28, about 10 hp difference.

Yeah, that sounds about right (though I always sucked at math...).
Old 02-24-2007, 09:06 PM
scrmngt
1st Gear Member

This fact is almost completely unknown by most other Ford dealers since it was only started as a "pilot" program about 9 or 10 months ago because they HAD to find a way to waranty the Mustang GT's with the FRPP seeing as how it's the EXACT same performance package that's on the Shelby GT-H (and GT-350)- which of course ALSO come with the full 3 year / 36,000 mile factory warranty.

The ONLY other stipulation besides having it installed by an authorized Ford "Motorsport" dealer is that your car must have less than 1000 miles on the clock. If it's over 1000 miles, then you will only qualify for a full 12 month / 12,000 mile warranty on everything.
GTNewbie,

Went to the FRPP website...No where does it say anything about install under the 1000 mi mark.
http://www.fordracingparts.com/announcements/news47.asp

The warranty will cover parts and labor to replace defective components on Ford Dealer installed parts only.
[ul][*]A 3 year / 36,000 mile warranty is applicable if installed at the time of vehicle delivery[*]A 12 month / 12,000 mile warranty is in effect if installed after the date of vehicle delivery but prior to expiration of 3 years / 36,000 mile vehicle warranty [/ul]
Old 02-24-2007, 09:29 PM
GT Newbie
3rd Gear Member

[/quote]

GTNewbie,

Went to the FRPP website...No where does it say anything about install under the 1000 mi mark.
http://www.fordracingparts.com/announcements/news47.asp

The warranty will cover parts and labor to replace defective components on Ford Dealer installed parts only. [ul][*]A 3 year / 36,000 mile warranty is applicable if installed at the time of vehicle delivery[*]A 12 month / 12,000 mile warranty is in effect if installed after the date of vehicle delivery but prior to expiration of 3 years / 36,000 mile vehicle warranty [/ul]
[/quote]

That's what they mean by "is applicable if installed at the time of vehicle delivery"
In other words, on a "new" car.
When I called Rick at Downs Ford he asked me how many miles I had on the clock (about 890 when I spoke to him), and then he in turn called Ford to ask them about it, and they told HIM that anything "under 1000 miles" would still be considered a "brand new" vehicle and eligible for the 3 year warranty.
And that's what it says on my FRPP invoice (and under my vin number in the FoMoCo central computer so that every dealer in the country can see it.
Old 02-24-2007, 10:35 PM
Foose12
2nd Gear Member

speaking of the power pack............The FRPP CAI was already supposed to be installed on my car when i bought it............come to find out it wasn't. So now they are going to give me the FRPP CAI for free with install. I am still planning on getting a tune from one of the big three.....Bama, VMP, Brenspeed. Will I be satisfied with the FRPP CAI......considering it's free......................
Old 02-24-2007, 10:42 PM
johnnyv8
4th Gear Member

I'm pretty mad that ford making this a big deal. I have an 06 GT w/ well over 1,000 miles and i have to 1. go to toms river to get it installed and only have 1 yr/ 12000mile (which wait, i have over 12,000) warr.

I do have one question. Is that warr for the power pak or the whole car?
Old 02-24-2007, 11:08 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Car has its on warranty that is not voided with the parts I guess.

Foose, You should be satisfied since there can still write the tune for it. You will notice more snap with the custom tunes over the FRPP tune.
Old 02-24-2007, 11:34 PM
Foose12
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: howarmat

Car has its on warranty that is not voided with the parts I guess.

Foose, You should be satisfied since there can still write the tune for it. You will notice more snap with the custom tunes over the FRPP tune.
thats what i was figuring.....thank man
Old 02-25-2007, 12:11 AM
22kart22
4th Gear Member

hmmm. i have to look into this when the funds allow..

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ford Racing Power Pack