Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Ford Racing Power Pack

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 08:07 PM
shaners90lxhatch
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Ford Racing Power Pack

I wish this was as clear to others as it is yourself and I. We could be talking about aDodgeand I could work for Kiafor all it mattered. (ooooh That's a tough one to imagine!!!) It seems to be a choice between Mainstream power realm tune/parts with Factory name and no warranty conflicts or similar performance with aftermarket name and warranty conflicts (at similar prices, mind you) -------seems like a no brainer without the consideration of price! But then again, you and I could be completely nuts and unreasonable[8D]

Old 02-26-2007, 09:51 PM
GT Newbie
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: shaners90lxhatch

I wish this was as clear to others as it is yourself and I. We could be talking about aDodgeand I could work for Kiafor all it mattered. (ooooh That's a tough one to imagine!!!) It seems to be a choice between Mainstream power realm tune/parts with Factory name and no warranty conflicts or similar performance with aftermarket name and warranty conflicts (at similar prices, mind you) -------seems like a no brainer without the consideration of price! But then again, you and I could be completely nuts and unreasonable[8D]

Hey, I guess it's like they say: "Great minds think alike"

It's actually amazing how much I was "dissed" by so many MF members for daring to get the FRPP instead of Brenspeed.
Jeez- you'd think the guy's name was really "Saint Brent" and I was a friggin' infidel...!
I had to patiently explain, in about a gazillion postings, that:

1. Yes, both my car AND the FRPP are FULLY protected by the FoMoCo 3 year warranty because I followed all the rules and read the fine print.
and
2. Yes, I DO realize that I paid about $500 or even $600 MORE for a package that delivers about 10 - 15 h.p. LESS than those other aftermarket packages- but I don't give a rat's **** because at least I won't be having nightmares about CEL's going off like Christmas tree lights while service managers with Evil grins make me sign away my first-born child in order to pay for costly repairs on my brand-new vehicle with a warranty that's about as worthless as a Hussain-era Iraqi dinar......

As a matter of fact Shaner, I AM slightly nuts, and can often be unreasonable too (just ask my long-suffering wife!), but when it comes to my new $30,000 baby, I don't take ANY chances.....[sm=signs006.gif]
Old 02-27-2007, 12:18 AM
Foose12
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 07GTEddy

ORIGINAL: Foose12

speaking of the power pack............The FRPP CAI was already supposed to be installed on my car when i bought it............come to find out it wasn't. So now they are going to give me the FRPP CAI for free with install. I am still planning on getting a tune from one of the big three.....Bama, VMP, Brenspeed. Will I be satisfied with the FRPP CAI......considering it's free......................
Im with you on the aftermarket tune. Brenspeed did the tune my Gt that i traded in for the shelby and it ran great, so he will be doing this one. Also your car looks very nice. Like stripes on it.....
hey thanks man....I was going to go with the Shelby Gt....but got impatient with the dealers. Saw the Foose......Fell in Love. Your car looks mmmmeeaaannnn bro! Yeah i just got an H-pipe from Brenspeed. So I am going to get that installed...as well as the FRPP CAI(free) from the dealership. Then I'm going to call up brenspeed back up to get tuned in for excellence
Old 02-27-2007, 02:20 AM
07GTEddy
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 07GTEddy

speaking of the power pack............The FRPP CAI was already supposed to be installed on my car when i bought it............come to find out it wasn't. So now they are going to give me the FRPP CAI for free with install. I am still planning on getting a tune from one of the big three.....Bama, VMP, Brenspeed. Will I be satisfied with the FRPP CAI......considering it's free......................
Im with you on the aftermarket tune. Brenspeed did the tune my Gt that i traded in for the shelby and it ran great, so he will be doing this one. Also your car looks very nice. Like stripes on it.....
hey thanks man....I was going to go with the Shelby Gt....but got impatient with the dealers. Saw the Foose......Fell in Love. Your car looks mmmmeeaaannnn bro! Yeah i just got an H-pipe from Brenspeed. So I am going to get that installed...as well as the FRPP CAI(free) from the dealership. Then I'm going to call up brenspeed back up to get tuned in for excellence
Thanks ..........

Brent at Brenspeed is a great guy and the customer service is fantastic.

I know what you mean about impatiant....

I was wanting the Shelby bad and then one day i was test drivin a vehicle at my dealership (Chevy) LOL and there was a nice enclosed transporter out in front of Ford across the street and when i went by This beautiful Shelby is was being pulled out of it. I made a U-turn and got on the phone with thegeneral managerover there and the rest is history. Your Foose has a nice stance with those wheels and tire combo. I hope you are enjoying it, we work hard for our stuff!
Old 04-01-2008, 03:23 AM
rickles512

[blockquote]quote:

ORIGINAL: explict

What kind of gains do you get from the FRPP Power Package?
[/blockquote]
......20 h.p. gain without an x-pipe (which only adds another 5 h.p. and will make a more "raspy" instead of a deep growl from your exhaust....[:'(][:'(][:'(]??

I HAVE THE FRPP X-PIPE ON. and FRPP stingers....SHE AIN'T RASPY.....

Old 04-01-2008, 12:33 PM
Vapour Trails
3rd Gear Member

You guys are funny.

"better get the FRPP parts or your car done gonna blowed up real good!"

The FRPP power pak has a warranty

yeah because intakes and mufflers might suddenly self-destruct.

Seriously, think about it. You are talking about non-moving parts.

Most of the FRPP is farmed out. Intake=Steeda Mufflers=Borla Springs=Eibach

The handling paks don't include adjustable dampers, which is the most important part of a suspension upgrade, add a useless strut tower brace and sway bars you don't need.
Old 04-01-2008, 04:09 PM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

It's not the intake, per se. It's the accompanying tune. Everybody has a slightly different tolerance for risk in just about anything, whether that be financial investments or PCM tuning. And differing sensitivities to the type of risk involved.

To me, 10 more top-end hp is neither particularly useful nor meaningful, so the reward just isn't there(hint: I'm not at all a drag racer). And I'm way past brand names and peer pressure being the primary basis for making decisions. I'm comfortable sinking or swimming on my own research and analysis.

Like GT Newbie, I'm seeing an overall risk toreward ratio that favors the FRPP tune, at least currently and if only slightly. With no regrets, that's what's in my GT now.

Norm