Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

ALLLLLLOT OF SPEED CHIPS!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2006, 05:00 PM
flewbyu
4th Gear Member

Default ALLLLLLOT OF SPEED CHIPS!!!!

Mannnnn, I looked at the car at dusk Thursday and there is a BUNCH of speed chips where at one point it was only a ding or two. I wanted to start entering my car in shows etc but since I have never done that before I was curious if they look down upon all the chips OR do they consider the fact it is a daily driver car?? I know some guys never drive and take the car to and from shows on a flat bed, it looks like they never took the car out on the real world roads.

I dont know about yours but my car is not the case of chipless......

So do they screw you for the dings or are they realistic that it has to happen on a drivers car?? If they care about that then I guess I wont be entering any shows.

EDIT---This is the main reason I would never pay all that loot for painted stripes, I love the look but If I saw all the chips in the strips in the front of the car after painted I would be pissed!

Thanks for your feedback..Sorry this should probably be in appearance section.

Old 10-20-2006, 07:39 PM
06GT4RAD
5th Gear Member

Default RE: ALLLLLLOT OF SPEED CHIPS!!!!

Ok a little advice here for you regarding shows. Do not enter with the sole purpose of winning a trophy if you do it that way you will be very very disappointed. Enter car shows to hang out and BS with buddies and/or other car enthusiasts. Yes the judge will look and see the paint chips, However they may also consider the fact that the car is a daily driver. Enter to have fun and look at the other cars and the hot honeys that walk around as well. Also Judges are very subjective what one loves the other may hate so do not let them ruin a good time for you if and when you lose.

Richard
Old 10-20-2006, 08:01 PM
flewbyu
4th Gear Member

Good advise to a never been to a show stang. Glad to know what to expect and look for. Believe me when I say I will have a great time by just being there.

thanks man.
Old 10-20-2006, 08:12 PM
carnut
1st Gear Member

lol even if you barely get noticed by the judges your car is still hot. i love black mustangs.
Old 10-20-2006, 09:30 PM
flewbyu
4th Gear Member

Thanks man! Maybe I will break out a clipboard and judge them! LOL "Your too fat, and your pants are wayyy to short, and you,, you are haten so much is crystal clear" LOL We can only wish...

Thanks again.
Old 10-23-2006, 06:31 PM
cphair
1st Gear Member

You should have come to the Ford show this past weekend at MIR. You car would have done well at the show... not that many new mustangs were there. I wanted to shown mine, but I just took it to the shop Saturday to get the new hood painted. There's always next year!
Old 10-23-2006, 07:08 PM
mattblasi
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 06GT4RAD

Ok a little advice here for you regarding shows. Do not enter with the sole purpose of winning a trophy if you do it that way you will be very very disappointed. Enter car shows to hang out and BS with buddies and/or other car enthusiasts. Yes the judge will look and see the paint chips, However they may also consider the fact that the car is a daily driver. Enter to have fun and look at the other cars and the hot honeys that walk around as well. Also Judges are very subjective what one loves the other may hate so do not let them ruin a good time for you if and when you lose.

Richard
I agree I have quite a few friends who I only get to see when we get together at shows, I go to hang with friends have fun and see what others are doing and share ideas. Its basically a face to face members board ;p

As far as rock chips I just got mine touched up, which can usually be done easily on a car like urs since its a solid color (death to my stripes) anyway it shouldn't cost much to do it maybe $200-$500 i would guess depending on how many and how bad. My personal advise if you wanna win a show with it get the paint fixed and go buy a POS daily driver from an auction or something. Most show winning cars (with few exceptions) are rarely driven and those that are are def. not ussualy daily driven.
Old 10-23-2006, 07:21 PM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 06GT4RAD

Richard

+1 Couldnt be said any better!

Im waiting a few years and will be a good excuse for a different front facia, and maybe even a hood.
I got alot of those chips behind my wheels too. Much more noticable when I was waxing it up on a hoist. Damn wider wheels!
Old 10-23-2006, 08:29 PM
flewbyu
4th Gear Member

Yeah, I wanted to go but I needed to get some yard work done this past weekend. I got enough cars and trucks so I'm not getting another one.

mattblasi---Yeah I'm getting to know a few guys here. Would be nice to run into them at a show.

I guess I was just trying to find out what to expect at these shows. Anyway, I still will go one day but dont think I will be entering any comps. Ohh, and I am gonna drive my car so I guess the chips are always gonna be there. I'm sooo happy I did not get stripes though.

Thanks for everyones feedback.
Old 10-23-2006, 08:46 PM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

Heh, this is what happens when 6 forum members get together

[IMG]local://upfiles/17179/F03AF75C0227478C91C12F20F1B0D7F7.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: ALLLLLLOT OF SPEED CHIPS!!!!