Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Just installed GT-H mufflers

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2006, 11:49 PM
jaiasmit
3rd Gear Member

Default Just installed GT-H mufflers

I just installed the GT-H mufflers on my 06 GT. They sound great. Not a lot louder than stock, but a much deeper rumble. The tone is completely different than stock. The biggest bonus is the double-wall 4" tips. I'll post some pics, and maybe even a sound clip as soon as I can. I got 'em at NinoSport for $279 w/ free shipping. They're the Supreme version instead of the Ford Racing. Both are the exact same muffler, both manufactured by Supreme Performance, but the Supreme branded were about $50 cheaper. Seemed like a no-brainer.
Old 10-24-2006, 01:14 PM
BoidMorphs
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Just installed GT500 mufflers

I watched a GT500 get dynoed recently and I distinctly remember commenting about how the stock tail pipes looked exactly like the stock GT ones, that being straight cut tips. They weren't rolled like the ones that come with the 2007 GT appearance package. I thought they looked kind of low budget for the price of the car and fealt FORD could have at least put rolled tips on to dress it up. I'm not sure why yours would have rolled tips if what you bought is supposed to be the same part. Maybe the rolled tips are an option on the GT500 this owner didn't go for. Are they 409 grade stainless?
Old 10-24-2006, 03:49 PM
jaiasmit
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Just installed GT-H mufflers

These aren't rolled tips. They are double-walled. They may not be the ones that come stock on the GT500. I haven't looked that closely to the stock GT500. That's just what they were advertised as. I'm pretty sure they are the ones that are being put on the GT-H though. They are also the ones they use on the Foose Stallion. It may have just been a misprint on the GT500 part. Sorry for the confusion. I'll have to go check it out now.

Here's a link to the product page on NinoSport where I bought them.

http://www.ninosport.com/Supreme-GT-...stang-GT-GT500

EDIT: Yep, you're right. After a further look, I just misinterpreted that they were stock on the GT500. They are just saying that they can be used on the GT500 and Mustang GT. They were the original equpipment on the GT-H and Foose Stallion (at least the one that I saw at the dealer) though.
Old 10-24-2006, 04:21 PM
jaiasmit
3rd Gear Member

Here's some pics

Before:

After:

Before:

After:
Old 10-24-2006, 06:54 PM
johnnyv8
4th Gear Member

Wow; that looks nice. Seeing ur stock pipes too; what a dif. I have almost the same car as you; but mine a black coupel w/ the red int..o; and its a 5spd, lol. I might have to get those exhuast... Have you heard them next to other aftermarket exhuast?
Old 10-24-2006, 06:55 PM
lmunz22
2nd Gear Member

Looks like it's time to wash the car! Bad part of owning a black car....

They look a lot better than stock, and I'm glad you got the deal on them.
Old 10-24-2006, 06:57 PM
jaiasmit
3rd Gear Member

I haven't had a chance to hear them side-by-side with any other aftermarket exhaust yet. Hell, I've only heard them a few times now myself. I gotta say though, that if you're looking for a deep sound, but not too much louder than stock, then these fit the bill. I really got them because they look like I wanted them too, and I heard they sounded pretty good. I'm certainly pleased with them.
Old 10-24-2006, 07:02 PM
johnnyv8
4th Gear Member

Let us know how they sound after they brake in and stuff; alot of exhuast sound better after the car been drivin for a bit. Every time i see last year model GT pass w/ an exhuast; it sounds great... I want a exhuast that not to lound at low rpms; but deeper at low rpms and i want it to scream at wot.
Old 10-24-2006, 07:04 PM
jaiasmit
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: lmunz22

Looks like it's time to wash the car! Bad part of owning a black car....

They look a lot better than stock, and I'm glad you got the deal on them.
Yeah, the car needs a bath bad! The weather here has been kind of @#$ty lately, so I haven't bothered taking it in to get washed. I might run and do that later today since we finally have some sun, although we did have about an 1 1/2" of snow this morning when I woke up. That was a shock. Black is definitely harder to keep clean than my torch red was, but man does it look awesome when it's all shined up.
Old 10-24-2006, 07:07 PM
jaiasmit
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: johnnyv8

Let us know how they sound after they brake in and stuff; alot of exhuast sound better after the car been drivin for a bit. Every time i see last year model GT pass w/ an exhuast; it sounds great... I want a exhuast that not to lound at low rpms; but deeper at low rpms and i want it to scream at wot.
I only hope that it sounds better after it breaks in, because it already sounds perfect for me. That first startup after the install made me grin from ear to ear. Here's a link to the soundclip from NinoSport.

http://www.mustangexhaust.com/forums...atid=70&page=1

Quick Reply: Just installed GT-H mufflers