Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Engine revs a little when shifting

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 11:53 AM
dorkmeat

Default Engine revs a little when shifting

When I let off the gas pedal to shift the engine revs about 250 rpm in around town driving. I have to shift at 5000 rpm because the engine will rev to 6000 when I let off at that rpm.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!!!

2006 Saleen 3 valve, manual trans, 1200 miles
Old 10-26-2006, 12:22 PM
RedGTyl
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Engine revs a little when shifting

Yea that happens to me in my 06 GT. When I rev it to red line it spikes into the red for spit sec when i let off to shift. I dont know if that really hurts the motor. I dont think so because it does not hit the limiter. It sure smokes the stock tires shifting into 2nd though! [sm=icon_rock.gif]
Old 10-26-2006, 12:33 PM
swensicle
2nd Gear Member

I don't want to point out something totally obvious, but if it is the problem then it sure is an easy fix. LET OFF THE GAS! haha. Try letting off the gas a little earlier. I had a friend drive my car and he drives a 5spd himself, but driving my car...every time he shifted....vrooooooommmmmm...bwaaahhhhhh!

I'm sure you would have adjusted this by now, but give it a shot to see if it helps ya.

Old 10-26-2006, 01:16 PM
doodad
5th Gear Member

that happens to me too and i wondered that a while too but then i didnt care too much.. i belive it is computer..
Old 10-26-2006, 01:17 PM
doodad
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: swensicle

I don't want to point out something totally obvious, but if it is the problem then it sure is an easy fix. LET OFF THE GAS! haha. Try letting off the gas a little earlier. I had a friend drive my car and he drives a 5spd himself, but driving my car...every time he shifted....vrooooooommmmmm...bwaaahhhhhh!

I'm sure you would have adjusted this by now, but give it a shot to see if it helps ya.

i tried that a lot.. i let the gas off and watched rpm gauge carefully and hit the clutch it revved up thiny little anyway..
Old 10-26-2006, 06:13 PM
FL510

my 07 gt also does that.

I'm wondering if its because the throttle is opened based on load with the stock tune.
Does anyone with a tune for there cai have this problem because those tunes are generally
changed to a tune that opens the throttle in proportion to the amount the pedal is applied.
Old 10-26-2006, 06:19 PM
scramblr
3rd Gear Member

Hey guys, it's "Big Brother" making sure all the gas is burnt up before making it's way through the exhaust. This is coded into the factory tune...annoying, isn't it? When you get a CAI with a tune, it will most likley go away, if not, talk to your tuner. Bugged the crap out of me before...
Old 10-26-2006, 08:16 PM
05gtdriver
5th Gear Member

Yeah, my '06 does the same thing, my '05 never had this occur, I just thought it was the better traction due to the BFGs on the '06 as opposed to the Pirelli's on the '05 when flooring it from a standstill on a 1-2 shift(when nearing redline). Guess Ford changed something from '05 to '06?
Old 10-26-2006, 08:29 PM
johnnyv8
4th Gear Member

My 06 use to and still does here and there but i notice it was me. if i was not %100 off the gas when shifting it would rev maybe 200 higher; so i start shifting slower and really took my time and now im a pro. So just let go of the gas and let the rpm drop; then shift. and ull get faster as you get better.
Old 10-26-2006, 10:32 PM
LimeTime
1st Gear Member

Mine dissapeared when the tune went in. So it is a factory tune thing.

Quick Reply: Engine revs a little when shifting