Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

My reviews about my mods.. ( helpfull for noobs )

Old 10-26-2006, 07:11 PM
saud alzaabi
3rd Gear Member

Default My reviews about my mods.. ( helpfull for noobs )

well.. since I had a hard time researching for good mods im going to write what i think about what I got.. I don't say dissapointed..and not that wide smile but my money was well spent..

lets start with the tuner

I got my SCT xcal tuner with 95 octane tune from fred ( Just the tuner without a CAI+filter ) when I installed it i noticed my rpm bouncing up and down from 5500 rpm to 7500 rpm .. it was normal I kept driving untill the computer automatically got adjused to my driving style, I noticed that when I turn my motor ON whith a cold overnight engine the rpm goes to 2000 and stays for 2 or 3 seconds then comes down normally and stays good.

The driving was really good I noticed harder pulls and better speed, and i noticed that SLIGHT improvment in gas mileage in highways but got a little worst than stock.. but wait thats because my way of driving which was allways fast.

Then I installed the 1-peice driveshaft that was custom made by spyder, at the begening I didn't notice anything except a smoother shifting, but my passenger said it got a harder pull, still I lost to a 2005 stick mustang with CAI+tunner (91 octane tune ) and that was due to a race under the sun at 12:30 pm and my cars temp was hot... but now I can still feel that good pull...

And lastly I installed the 4.10's made by FRPP (ford racing ), I didnt notice anything, wait don't be shocked but I did notice that it tops at 100 kph in second gear, but after few days i noticed it pulls harder in everygear, which means it is a good modd, I dont have to shift back at 3rd on 140 kph just 4th does the job, ohh I also noticed that when i shift from 2nd to 3rd the speed jumps from 100 kph to 120... and yes it pulls waaay harder than before... to those with stick mustangs and who wants to keep it N/A i recomend this modd..

hope this was a good way of explaining, and guys i didnt notice that much improvment as a driver because i guess im used to hard pulls and stuff, but your daily passengers will notice the power, I am receiving LCA and UCA this week, going to install them at the dealer the next day, I'm going to receive a hurst aluminum/plus shiftersometime next month, going to install it ASAP for sure, after that im going a little to xenon side scoops and window louvers and then im going to think of what to get next.. maybe a set of udpullies and an electric water pump mezire along with a 93 custom tune...

With my mods now i raced a 2006 lumina ss coupe (auto ) just lets say the exact same power as a 2004 GTO ... and I flewwwww awaaay ... I mean Flewww yess...

If u need more info just pm me
Old 10-27-2006, 01:56 PM
BLackie
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: My reviews about my mods.. ( helpfull for noobs )

Any under drive pulley reviews?
Old 10-27-2006, 07:43 PM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

Pullys are the cheapest way to add performance and they do work.[sm=gears.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif]
Old 10-27-2006, 07:56 PM
Rupp
3rd Gear Member

What's a kph?
Old 10-27-2006, 11:40 PM
therobman7
1st Gear Member

kph = kilometers per hour. Not sure why he listed it like this, but im pretty sure thats what he is talking about
Old 10-28-2006, 01:16 AM
gkosin
2nd Gear Member

Could it be that he lives in the United Arab Emirates?