Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Getting used to the power...

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2006, 08:58 AM
saltzy
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Getting used to the power...

ORIGINAL: hammeron
we would appreciate the power of our stangs more,
if we had 4cyl daily drivers... too bad we don't, so we'll just
have to live with the feeling of these slow stangs
I own a 2001 Expedition that I drive in the winter, sometimes during rain, and of course when I have to haul anything bigger than a bag of M&Ms. It's like stepping off the bridge of an Aircraft Carrier and strapping into a Cigarette boat.
Old 10-30-2006, 11:18 AM
06stangGT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Sonic3v

Ive had my car with its current mods for a year now and man it feels sooooo slow. Last week I didnt drive it for 2 days and I could feel the power again, but man after driving it for a week I dont get that kick anymore. It truly does feel slow. Anyone else have this problem too for you mostly stock stangs (CAI/Tune/Exhaust)?

On another note I was driving in the cayons today and I shifted late, I didnt even notice though. Our cars like to make power well over 6k RPM....Just kept pulling.
I know that feeling. When i got rear ended at a red light a month after getting the car and was stuck drivin my grand am for a week. When i got the car back....wow haha
Old 10-30-2006, 01:16 PM
smoke14me
2nd Gear Member

Well I am addicted to power badly, my car is headed to the shop in a few minutes for the turbo install. I cant wait to feal the new power so I can have my fix. Hopefully it will be enough, at least for awhile.
Old 10-30-2006, 01:48 PM
drf
1st Gear Member

Well, my every-day car is a Dodge Caliber SE - the smallest 4-banger made with the least HP.

My Mustang-GT is my fun car and I usually only drive it on the weekends - so the fun factor is definitely still there.

It's in the garage on life-support (Battery-Tender) for the winter now, so come spring ...............
Old 10-30-2006, 02:31 PM
superiormirage
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hammeron

we would appreciate the power of our stangs more,
if we had 4cyl daily drivers... too bad we don't, so we'll just
have to live with the feeling of these slow stangs
YES! I have a 4 cyl work truck, and every time I hop in my 'stang to drive home I love to open her up and feel what a REAL car can do.
I think that's what's kept my appatite for power sated for the time being.
Old 10-30-2006, 03:35 PM
imyy4u
3rd Gear Member

my last car i had (rsx type s) caused me to develop this problem. never fast enough. so, after tearing the whole engine apart, re-building it, supercharging it, etc., it was the fastest s/c rsx-s in almost all of illinois. too bad it still felt slow to me, so i sold it. great decision as i kept dumping more and more $$$ into it and it was damn fast but very unreliable.

then i bought this car thinking my need for speed would be satiated. nope. still managing to stay stock, but i feel slow as hell. i have to keep reminding myself the car is fast. of course once the warranty is up and i s/c this beast, who knows...800whp is probably in my future. by then i'll be running sub-10 second 1/4's and will still feel slow. point is, it's never enough...

best idea, don't start modding. once you start, you can't stop, and before you know it, you have a 9 second unstreetable, unreliable, race car.
Old 10-30-2006, 05:01 PM
Arrow
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Sonic3v

Just waiting for my tax return [sm=badbadbad.gif]
You get a tax RETURN??? Crap, man...the IRS pulls up in a Hummer and beats me with a lead pipe each year by ritual. I'm probably gonna have to sell my soul again...been three times already...

Anywho, it's easy to get used to the power, but fortunately I live in an area with a lot of traffic, so I get about 60% slowness with the rest open roads. So after a gruelling week at the office with traffic, I'm ready to open it up on the roads that weekend. It helps.
Old 10-30-2006, 05:07 PM
one_focused_svt
3rd Gear Member

i'm stuck here to now, i keep telling myself i have enough but i need more i've been happy with what i've got but the bug has bitten and i need more POWER!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-30-2006, 06:31 PM
kcary
2nd Gear Member

I suffer from this same problem a lot, but this is how I easily fix it. Just drive for a day like you would any other car and don't push anything. Then the next day, Just take off like a bat out of hell from somewhere. It will give you that rush again. By not driving like that all the time, doing iyt every once in a while keeps it fresh. Also just cruisin along at like 45, just drop it down to 2nd for the hell of it and punch it. Gives you the thrill again as well.
Old 10-30-2006, 07:38 PM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

ive got this problem hardcore.

of course, the lagging throttle bothers me the most.

Quick Reply: Getting used to the power...