Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

No gas

Old 11-01-2006, 08:40 PM
509vista

Default RE: No gas

Happens to me all the time. Turning the nozzle upside down works well. It is gas station specific one time it was doing it at a circle K so I went down the street to a shell station and filled the rest of the tank with no problems. it never happens in the begining of the fill up always about half way through. I think logging are build dates is a great idea. I have a 2007 GT dont know the build date or where to find it.
Old 11-01-2006, 09:00 PM
johnnyv8
4th Gear Member

It is illegal 2 pump ur gas in jersey. Ill try upside down; i have a 06GT (late 06, one of the few last made) with 7k miles on it. never had this problem till about a week ago.
Old 11-02-2006, 09:14 AM
Menace
5th Gear Member

I live in New Jersey as well, and at the AAFES Gas station (Army/Airforce base.) You have to pump your own gas, everywhere else it's full service. It is 'illegal' to pump your own gas in New Jersey, how stupid is that... and I don't let anyone pump my gas, so illegal or not... They usually don't bother me too much. I had the problem of my gas overflowing when I first purchased it, but no problems since. Just don't top it off or anything... Never had a problem with it not accepting fuel though.
Old 11-02-2006, 09:18 AM
03sixbanger
Ryan's Backup Mod

ORIGINAL: johnnyv8

Hey everybody; im from New jersey were they pump ur gas for you. And ive been staying in Tennessee for a little bit and ive been pumping gas by my self for a while know. No problem what so ever, but all the sudden the gas pump will not go past 9 gallons of gas when im on the E. I use to be able to get 14 gallons in there no problem. I dont think its me; normal i just put down the little thing and that keeps the gas pumping intill its done. But it will just stop around 8ish gallons and ill try holding the lever down and it will pop like the car has enough gas in there even though i should be able to get alot more. Any idea whats wrong? is it me, the gas, or the car?

where are you staying in tn?
Old 11-02-2006, 01:36 PM
jettblack06
1st Gear Member

hey just wanted to say there is a tsb for a replacement gas tanks on the early 05 models because of a badly designed anti siphon feature. we saw quite a few in our shop here in indy, i own an 06 and even the revised tanks do it. now if you have the concern the proper fix is to find another filling station with lower pump pressure....yeah the customers love hearing that. myself i just dont push the pump nozzle all the way in..its still shuts off when its full like its supposed to just not before like what you are going through.
Old 11-06-2006, 12:02 PM
rcaponong
1st Gear Member

I purchased my GT in September '05 and I didn't have any problems for over a year. Then all of a sudden, the last two months I've been having issues 2 out of every 3 times I pump gas. I've experimented by using the same pump that I didn't have problems with before and the next time I use it, it clicks off every couple of seconds. It worked once by turning the nozzle to 3 o'clock but the next time I did that, it didn't work.
I saw a guy with a Charger put a stack of paper towels on the bottom of the filler neck where the nozzle would rest so I tried that the last two times and I haven't had problems. Gas flows fine all the way to fill up. I didn't ask him if he had the towels in there so the fuel wouldn't drip onto the paint or if it was to hold the nozzle a little higher than normal, but it's worked the last two times so I'm going to be doing that from now on unless that method fails.
It's more embarrassing and a pain than anything else. It makes you look like a 12 year old pumping gas for the first time.
Old 11-06-2006, 04:50 PM
johnnyv8
4th Gear Member

Yea; and i have nj plates.... so people are reallly getting a kick out of it. im in chattanooga (most likly miss spelled that). Its going next week for oil change/check up. And its still doing it. And my gt late 06 and never hand this problem for the 1st 2ish months ive had it..then all the sudden; boom!
Old 11-17-2006, 02:08 AM
johnnyv8
4th Gear Member

oman; my problem just getting worse; and still have not had the chance to take it to ford(dammit school;work) anyway; the car mpg just sucks...like im talking 13avg, and i know i drive hard but my driving has not changed(when i had not problem avg anywere from 17-22). ive also notice when i have a 1/4 of gas left; it says i have 30miles left...????wtf... 30 a little low for a 1/4. then i notice i start my car today when i put 10 bucks in there yesterday and it said i had 5miles left and then all the sudden the neeidle jumps up and it says i have 70miles left...........

any body else having this problem?
Old 11-17-2006, 02:42 AM
BlkGT07
1st Gear Member

Hey Johnny,
I had a 2000 Impala that would give me different " miles to empty" depending on what kind of grade I was parked on.
And only in Jersey they don't trust you to pump your own gas.
I'm in Bergen.