Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

wax on wax off

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 07:33 PM
EasyGT

Default RE: wax on wax off

zaino system, before i used it i heard alot about it. now that i have seen what it does for my car ill never use any other wax again. its the best, since u have never waxed before id recomend the full system.
Old 11-01-2006, 07:37 PM
SOLDSHORT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Wally39

WOW! Waxed once a month! Isn't that a bit much lol?
no. not for a daily driver.
Old 11-01-2006, 07:39 PM
SOLDSHORT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: EasyGT

zaino system before i used it i heard alot about it. now that i have seen what it does for my car ill never use any other wax again. its the best, since u have never waxed before id recomend the full system.
its all about personal opinions.

After Using Meguiar's i'll never use another overpriced Zaino product again.
Old 11-01-2006, 07:52 PM
Wally39
4th Gear Member

This may be a stupid question, but does wax only protect from the sun or does it protect your car in other ways too?
Old 11-01-2006, 07:53 PM
flewbyu
4th Gear Member

I do mine every 6 months even though the bottle says once a year. My car will be a year old in Feb. I am pleased with the results as you can see by the shiney glow on my car. Product is called NU Finish (Orange bottle)

One other thing, I agree with the other poster that waiting a year to wax your Stang is a little much. You are on the brink of getting your Mustang card revoked if it happens again! LOL

Wally39---
This may be a stupid question, but does wax only protect from the sun or does it protect your car in other ways too?
Wax helps protect from the UV rays of the sun along with acid rain and bird droppings. (wont do as much damage if the droppings sit on your car before you get a chance to wipe it off)

SOLDSHORT---
throw away that nu finish!
Funny guy. I have used it for over 10 years. Each one of my cars have looked great the entire time I have owned them, to be honest most cars I see on the road have never even came close to the shine I have always had. I will keep it forever. LOL I cant help but notice you don't have your pic posted he he. Just messin around bro.

Rupp----
I use Nu Finish and love it. I just tried the NXT and it leaves strange shadows or what I call an "oil slick" look. It doesn't seem to leave an even finish on my Torch Red vert.
Ahhhhh confirmation
Old 11-01-2006, 07:55 PM
SOLDSHORT
5th Gear Member

Old 11-01-2006, 07:59 PM
Rupp
3rd Gear Member

I use Nu Finish and love it. I just tried the NXT and it leaves strange shadows or what I call an "oil slick" look. It doesn't seem to leave an even finish on my Torch Red vert.
Old 11-01-2006, 08:00 PM
Juztang
5th Gear Member

When you guys get a chance checkout my website. www.obsessivedetail.com. I carry some pretty awesome waxes and sealants. These are very popular on the detailing forums also.

Poorboy's Natty's blue paste wax and ClearKote carnuba wax are my favorite carnauba's. These can also be applied in the sun and have no residue.

Sealants are also becoming very popular. They are more durable than waxes and last a lot longer. For these I prefer the Poorboys EX for darker colored cars and the EX-P for light colored.

I also carry a spray wax that lasts as long as a paste wax. It is called Optimum Spray Wax. With this you just spray on and wipe off with a microfiber. Really easy to use and great results.

Checkout my section under the vendor/sponsor section. There are some pictures of cars that use my products. Let me know if you have any product questions. I will be glad to help!
Old 11-01-2006, 08:19 PM
SOLDSHORT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: flewbyu

SOLDSHORT---
Funny guy. I have used it for over 10 years. Each one of my cars have looked great the entire time I have owned them, to be honest most cars I see on the road have never even came close to the shine I have always had. I will keep it forever. LOL I cant help but notice your don't have your pic posted he he. Just messin around bro.

Rupp----
Ahhhhh confirmation
HAHA that is a fair statement though...

my avatar is one.

here is one , its small because it was my sig pic. used Speed Glaze and NXT

Old 11-01-2006, 11:19 PM
Rupp
3rd Gear Member

I'm too dang lazy to take a picture of my car.

Quick Reply: wax on wax off