Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

wax on wax off

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2006, 03:56 PM
BLackie
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: wax on wax off

wax once amonth especially for a s197 black. Its horrible
Old 11-02-2006, 08:29 PM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

Man I have tried all types of waxes because nothing is more satisfing than detailing your car and showing it off. For starters its always good to carry some micro towels and Mequiers' detail shine for water spots and bird dropings. Also Fukken wax is even better. Don't get me wrong there are a lot of great waxes out there, I haven't seen a bad one really but this new stuff called "Ice" made by turtle wax is pretty damn good. Also you people who use clay bars make sure you rinse the section off one at a time because it will leave a residue on your car. Here's an Ice link. http://www.turtlewax.com/ice/product%20info.html

http://www.meguiars.com/whatsnew/

http://www.fukkenwax.com/Welcome.html
Old 11-02-2006, 08:43 PM
callahan
3rd Gear Member

I use Rejex, found at corrosionx.com. Best and easiest stuff I've found.
Old 11-03-2006, 12:24 AM
06GT4RAD
5th Gear Member

Ok first off if you have never waxed your car and have owned it for over a year then you need to do more than simply apply a coat of wax. Your car has many contaminates embedded in the paint right now and if you do not remove them waxing over them can only makes things worse. I would like to suggest a few things to help you out. First go to Autozone or where ever you buy your car care products and buy a clay bar kit be it Mothers or Meguiars, also buy a good car wash soap again Mothers or Meg's will be good. Then since you are a beginner i would suggest the Meg's 3 Step Deep Crystal system. It is a bottle of Paint cleaner. Polish and Wax. I would also suggest Microfibers but i would never buy them from and auto store and will not suggest it to you either. But suggesting any others is going to be very costly so i won't. If you have a Costco or Sam's Club nearby you could at least get a half way decent bag of Microfibers from them and they are great for a first purchase. Now go home and wash the car with the car soap and then dry it completely. Next take out the Claybar kit and clay the entire car. But before you do go here and read the car care tips on this site.

http://www.autogeek.net/detailingtips.html

Ity has a wealth of info that will get you going in the right direction. After claying the car then use the Paint cleaner to really get the paint in pristine clean shape. Then use the polish and of course follow that with a few coats of wax.

I use to use the Meg's products as they are one of the Best OTC products on the market. However i have found better products that do not require as much effort to use as the Meg's lineup. Poorboys is one of my favorites and so are some of the Chemical Guys products.

Richard
Old 11-03-2006, 06:46 AM
SOLDSHORT
5th Gear Member

i found the full size pic.

Old 11-03-2006, 11:53 AM
GT Premi
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Wally39

This may be a stupid question, but does wax only protect from the sun or does it protect your car in other ways too?
Believe it or not, a good wax job will help prevent rock chips. How, you ask? When a pebble hits the front of your car, instead of just slamming into it and taking a chunk of paint with it, it will actually skip off. My black car is proof of that. The first couple of years I had it, I never got a rock chip in the paint. There's actually a spot on it where you can see that a pretty good sized rock skipped off. It didn't chip or scratch, it just left a scuff where it hit, but it's obvious that it was a substantial enough impact to scrape the wax (Zaino) off and just scuff into the clearcoat. The good thing is that you have to be looking for the spot to see it.

Anyway, for a while I was slacking on putting my coats of Zaino on. It was probably a year or so and I ended up getting some chips. It sucks![:@] But she still looks fabulous when I put some extra coats of Zaino on her. I'm lazy with it lately because I'm getting older and it's such a big car (02 300M Special). I'm actually wanting to downsize now because it takes so long to wash/wax it. And with it being black, that's even more time and care needed.

Old 11-03-2006, 04:24 PM
06hoss
2nd Gear Member

Hey guys, a couple of months ago Consumer Reports ran a report on car waxes (not polishes). They not only gave points for how shiny it was, but also easy of installation/removal...did it leave residue, how long did it last and did it scratch your finish...yes, the last one surprised me. Apparently these products can and do scratch your finish a minute amount. Anyway, a wax product by the name of "Black Magic" liquid came in first. I bought it and hated it...it had a greasy look too it...like haze that you couldn't quite get rid of. I actually complained and got my money back. But the number two liquid was Turtle Wax Carnuba...not regular Turtle wax and not Turtle Wax ICE, but Turtle Wax Carnuba. I used it and really liked it. The Turtle Wax Carnuba was rated really low on the scratch rating. But I'm still a big Meguire's fan and really love their spray cleaner wax since that is the easiest way to clean and wax it. When I get real ambitious, then I add a coat of the Turtle Wax.
Old 11-03-2006, 04:38 PM
SOLDSHORT
5th Gear Member

i only use the NXT spray wax as a touch up after washes.

I didn't like that black magic wax either, or TW ice.
Old 11-03-2006, 04:58 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

It helps protect your paint against bug guts, tree sap, nuclear war, industrial fallout.

Nuclear war might be a stretch.

ORIGINAL: Wally39

This may be a stupid question, but does wax only protect from the sun or does it protect your car in other ways too?
Old 11-03-2006, 05:11 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Any fukken wax that doesn't show the fukken price is something that I don't fukken need!

ORIGINAL: Daniel60

Man I have tried all types of waxes because nothing is more satisfing than detailing your car and showing it off. For starters its always good to carry some micro towels and Mequiers' detail shine for water spots and bird dropings. Also Fukken wax is even better. Don't get me wrong there are a lot of great waxes out there, I haven't seen a bad one really but this new stuff called "Ice" made by turtle wax is pretty damn good. Also you people who use clay bars make sure you rinse the section off one at a time because it will leave a residue on your car. Here's an Ice link. http://www.turtlewax.com/ice/product%20info.html

http://www.meguiars.com/whatsnew/

http://www.fukkenwax.com/Welcome.html

Quick Reply: wax on wax off