Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Speaking Of Warranties......

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2006, 10:37 AM
Screamin Yellow 06
1st Gear Member

Default Speaking Of Warranties......

I was just reading another thread where people were concerned about voiding their warranty with a CAI and a tune.

My questions is....

Has ANYBODY been told (by a dealer) that their warranty is void based on ANY mod that they've made?

I have made several mods but so far and I have not had any problems (knock on wood) that required a trip to the dealer.

Just curious.
Old 11-02-2006, 12:37 PM
CrazyAl
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Speaking Of Warranties......

I have not had any problems with my car either.

However, I had my dealer tell me straight up that if I changed my gears to a different ratio then the warranty on the rear axle would be void, even if I bought Ford gears from their parts department and had them do the work.

I'm not particularly concerned. If I do have a problem, I'll fix it myself.
Old 11-02-2006, 09:16 PM
Numby
1st Gear Member

my dealer ship told me today they would install my 4.10's / 4.30s which ever i decide themselves and i would still retain factory warrenty.
Old 11-03-2006, 12:29 AM
swata
2nd Gear Member

I was told the following by my local dealership regarding tuning:

You can tune you car and it will NOT void the warranty. The tune it self is okay. If for some reason after you tune the car you do have a failure and the particular dealer you take it to decides that some how the failure was realated or in some manner changed the equipment and it opperated outside of it normal tolerances then they could initally deny the repair under warranty thus causing you to have to fight for your rights. So yes it is legal and yes it technically does not void your warranty.

That is the answer I got.

[:'(]
Old 11-03-2006, 02:24 PM
Sonic Boom NH
2nd Gear Member

Depends on your dealer and if you have HUGE amounts of money to fight Ford if they void a part of your warranty...

There is NO law that protects a consumer who wishes to modify their vehicle, blow it up, and then force Ford to repair it. If you wanna play be prepared to pay...