Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

what mods will void an s197 warantee??

Old 11-03-2006, 06:15 PM
steele901
4th Gear Member

Default RE: what mods will void an s197 warantee??

ORIGINAL: Humboldt Stang

Asking questions likes this without using the search function.
Search **** alert!

Not all searches prove fruitful, and myself, I give up on a search after about 10 minutes of poring through old threads that don't answer my question.
Don't like responding to the same old questions?
Then don't.
Your response is less than helpful, which in the end is what this board is all about.
^^^bwahaha thank you! that search engine BLOWS. i can never find old treads i want to go back to. besides, whats it hurt to get current up to the minute info?
Old 11-03-2006, 07:15 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: steele901

what mods will void an s197 warantee?? i know if i get one i will want to mod, big time. i would hate to loose the warantee though. anybody know?
Misspelling "warranty" both times you say it in your question will do it. And just for the record since apparently there are quite a few people that have the same lack of spelling, "warrantee" is not correct either. Yes, it is a correct spelling but it is not a correct definition of the word you are looking for.

ORIGINAL: androdz

Give up the fight man. It just isn't worth it anymore.

Not all searches prove fruitful, and myself, I give up on a search after about 10 minutes of poring through old threads that don't answer my question.
So what you are telling us is in your circumstance it is not a lack of knowledge of the tools the forum provides, just lazyness in finding your own answers.

Then don't.
Your response is less than helpful, which in the end is what this board is all about.
You are right. I mean just count how many "which CAI is best" or "I saw a Mustang on TV" or the ever so popular "post your personalized tags", or my personal technical favorite as of late "lets see those keychains" threads that are on here. We certainly wouldn't want to disrupt the daily posting of new threads like those with sarcasm.

ORIGINAL: saltzy

Spoken like someone who hasn't used it. The search here sucks. I just searched for "hood hinges" which is a thread that I posted in over the last couple days. Result? No hits.
Search results for "void my warranty". 176 results
https://mustangforums.com/searchpro....mitbutton=+OK+

Search results for "void my warrantee". 12 results

Search results for "void my warrenty". 36 results

Hell, even if you can't spell warranty you can find the threads if you just use the search function.

ORIGINAL: moosestang

Am I the only one who has never been concerned about the warranty? .........
If you can't afford to fix it then don't break it, that's my philosophy.
+10
Old 11-03-2006, 07:24 PM
mdg
4th Gear Member

warantees are like garantees.
Old 11-03-2006, 07:29 PM
Humboldt Stang
3rd Gear Member

LOL, I knew the Spelling ****'s would be next.
Get off your high horse.
If you want to respond with a helpful suggestion great, if not, you're just a troll.
Old 11-03-2006, 07:33 PM
mdg
4th Gear Member

having a bad Friday are we? no harm intended, lighten up.
Old 11-04-2006, 03:24 AM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: mdg

warantees are like garantees.
That's actually kinda funny after I thought about it.
Old 11-04-2006, 03:59 AM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

Get off your high horse.
If you want to respond with a helpful suggestion great, if not, you're just a troll.
Yea, I see your point. After all, knowing how to spell what you are looking for probably doesn't do any good when using a search engine that looks for key words.

Oops, I guess I better add a helpful suggestion into this post so i won't be declared a troll. OK, here you go, I suggest the original poster do a search in the 2005, 2006, and 2007 forum section using "void my warranty" as his keywords.

Old 11-04-2006, 07:06 AM
Heavyg72
3rd Gear Member

I just went through this this week. I ran into two TSB's...hesitation after a long run and rear-end noise when making slow turns...and took it to one dealer and they refused to fix them because of my mods (shown in signature). However, I took it to the dealer that I bought the car from and they looked at it and realized my changes did not impact/cause the TSB's and fixed it under warranty. Like someone said earlier it will depend on the dealer.
Old 11-04-2006, 03:52 PM
fordfanboy
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: hawgman

Get off your high horse.
Yea, I see your point. After all, knowing how to spell what you are looking for probably doesn't do any good when using a search engine that looks for key words.

Oops, I guess I better add a helpful suggestion into this post so i won't be declared a troll. OK, here you go, I suggest the original poster do a search in the 2005, 2006, and 2007 forum section using "void my warranty" as his keywords.

Funny Doc! - I seriously wonder how many of the people that complain about the search feautures don't realize spelling makes a difference...LMAO
Old 11-04-2006, 07:39 PM
androdz
I ♥ Acer

Search **** alert!

Then don't.
Off course it is not gonna work if you type in the words wrong it is not warantee it is warranty. You can do the search and results come up and when you do a search please norrow down the fields as in selecting on which sub forum to search in. Dont go calling everyone a troll when you are the one that is @ fault. Use a spell check or atleast finish your high school diploma.

Att. Andrew

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: what mods will void an s197 warantee??