Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

AWESOME RIDE TODAY!

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2006, 08:44 PM
06hoss
2nd Gear Member

Default AWESOME RIDE TODAY!

I got to take a really awesome ride today on our local NASCAR track, Kentucky Speedway. It's basically the same as Charlotte/Lowes Motor Speedway. What I had to do was go to the giftshop at the track, spend at least $40 and get a ticket to take my Mustang on the track. You drive through the tunnel to the track infield, go into an inspection garage where you sign a waiver, give them your drivers license and line up behind a pace car. My pace car was a...can you guess?... A 2005 Mustang GT! I got to do 3 laps around the track and he took me up to 95 mph. It was a blast! The turns are banked pretty steeply and we would take a line up about ten feet from the wall on the straight, then dive for the bottom of the corner...hold it there, then accelerate off of the corner hard. It was totally cool! You know how you see the NASCAR drivers sawing on the steering wheel? That's exactly what was happening at only 85 mph in that corner, but the Stang hung in there like a champ. It's a little more work than I thought. We were humming along so good that we caught up with a pace truck that was pacing a new Corvette a little slower...yeah the vette had a truck while I got a Stang! My pace car went high like we were going to pass the vette on the straight, but he must have thought better of it and backed off. All in all, a totally fun blast around the track and something I would do again.

[IMG]local://upfiles/48298/B63F2AA3383C49109E3BD86B90CC5BFD.jpg[/IMG]
Old 11-04-2006, 09:08 PM
BlackBetty
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: AWESOME RIDE TODAY!

I'm am Cincinnatian, and I've been dying to get the car out to the track! That's awesome!

We'll have to get together sometime, I'm looking into a new axle-back and would love to hear those MAC's.
Old 11-04-2006, 10:39 PM
06hoss
2nd Gear Member

You'll have to wait until the spring. They only do it twice a year...once in the spring and once in the fall. It was worth the trip down there.
Old 11-05-2006, 12:23 AM
BlackBetty
2nd Gear Member

Well, that's all right, I'll watch out for it. By the way, I don't know whether you photoshopped your photo at all, but your paint looks amzingly wet in that shot.
Old 11-05-2006, 01:14 AM
06hoss
2nd Gear Member

No, didn't play with the pic. Just keep it waxed good.
Old 11-05-2006, 01:51 AM
BlackBetty
2nd Gear Member

May I ask what wax you use?
Old 11-05-2006, 04:16 PM
Riven02
4th Gear Member

I was thinking about doing this at texas motor speedway but if they are only going to let me go 95 I am not going to waste my cash.
Old 11-05-2006, 06:02 PM
phunnyguy
4th Gear Member

im orginally from cincinnati and live in calif now....im jealous...but i wont miss having my stang in the snow...mybeauty will never seeit.......lol
Old 11-05-2006, 06:23 PM
wingman75
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 06hoss
I got to take a really awesome ride today on our local NASCAR track, Kentucky Speedway.
Your Mustang looks good enough to eat. WOW. What kind of camera do you have and what lens were you using? I've seen some great photos on MF but yours is about the wettest looking yet. Great color too.

I drive down from Detroit to Lewisville several times a year and pass the Kentucky Speedway. Even though the speed is limited it would still be a rush to be on the track. Are there specific dates this happens or are they random? Can you take passengers along.
Old 11-05-2006, 06:34 PM
wingman75
5th Gear Member

For anyone interested here is the info on getting to drive your vehicle on the Kentucky Speedway.

http://www.kentuckyspeedway.com/news...ws.asp?sid=566

Quick Reply: AWESOME RIDE TODAY!