MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   GT S197 General Discussion (https://mustangforums.com/forum/gt-s197-general-discussion-49/)
-   -   Chrysler Brings Hemi 392 back... ut oh.. check it out.. (https://mustangforums.com/forum/gt-s197-general-discussion/201744-chrysler-brings-hemi-392-back-ut-oh-check-it-out.html)

Blacksmoke 11-05-2006 04:07 AM

Chrysler Brings Hemi 392 back... ut oh.. check it out..

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/index..._articleid=158

Wonder if they will put these as an option or a upgraded version
of the challenger... or as the base challenger?

Apoptosis 11-05-2006 04:13 AM

RE: Chrysler Brings Hemi 392 back... ut oh.. check it out..

it will be the Challengers "GT500"

Blacksmoke 11-05-2006 04:20 AM

greaat.. more stupid "That thing got a Hemi?" sayings on the road...
I swear.. people dont even know that not all Hemis are the shiaaaaaat..
The 392 though... woooff..

saud alzaabi 11-05-2006 06:37 AM

Why do they want to kill ford once and for all ?

The funny thing is that Dodge is announcing something new every few months and we don't see it coming... The only thing they did to impress people was to get the challenger into every car show just to say to people ( Look we can make this car,400+ hp v8 and a HEMI ) and what really makes me laugh is that poeple come to me saying Noo its a hemi Its fast ... I just reply back ok its fast but its going to be heavy like the challenger... and by the time dodge makes the new challenger ford will be bringing out a new mustang and yes its going to be less HP and less displacment but more power and lighter.

I just hope ford wont screw up and put a 4.6 again ... even if it was aluminum blocked 4v 4.6L I still don't want it ...

Timmay!!! 11-05-2006 06:55 AM

I'm not automotive engineer but from what I understand they are not true hemispherical combustion chambers so I really don't see them as hemis but they are some badass motors. But I doubt that they put these in the challengers off the showroom floor.

moosestang 11-05-2006 10:32 AM

http://www.autoblog.com/2006/10/30/c...r-super-stock/

That car is freakin bada$$. I'll take one without the big scoop though.

BoidMorphs 11-05-2006 01:11 PM

Those cars will not only fly down the strip but out of the showrooms as well! I'm not crazy about the scoop either and doubt it will really look like that but I'm still putting aside some money for a Challenger. My daughter's getting my current GT when she graduates college. By the time the Challenger comes around I'll have time to burn a few years on it and give it to my son for his graduation present. If they don't graduate then all bets are off.

lmunz22 11-05-2006 01:15 PM

Meh, don't really like the looks of the Challenger...

Horrific_Ending 11-05-2006 01:45 PM

i am pretty sure by the time these cars actually come out ford will match these with something big.

05gtdriver 11-05-2006 01:48 PM

What's funny about all the jumping on the retro Challenger/Camaro bandwagon is that the original Challenger/'Cuda were very poor handling(by pony car standards) cars and nobody wanted them(at the time in the early 70's). The charm of the '70/'71 E-bodies was the fact that Chrysler stuffed a 426 Hemi under the hood(now they're 7 figure museum pieces). I always hear everyone
in other chat rooms, blogs, forums just hate on the Mustang like no other car! Yet for some reason, it's never gone out of production. Why? It has outsold Camaros nearly every year the two cars were produced together(I think only 1 or 2 years the Camaro actually sold more in 36 years of being sold side by side with the Mustang). Ford nearly made the Mustang a ricer in '88(made it into the Probe instead), Phew! People spoke out and Ford listened, where were all the Camaro fans letters to save the F-body twins their execution? There will always be one original and you can't compete with that, that's why there's so much hate IMO.
I will admit, it'll be great to have competing brands again, it'll only make the 'Stang better, meaner and faster. Given Ford's current state of affairs, a LOT is riding on the Mustang, it's the company's face(along with the F-150). A 3900 lb Challenger? You can keep it.
A watered down 'Vette in the next Camaro? Interesting, very interesting. I think the Camaro will regain it's status as a true Mustang
foe, not too sure about the Challenger though, have to wait & see. That Sox Martin paint scheme(on that 392 Hemi Challenger) looks pretty cool, I must say......