Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

What mods will gain u the most hp?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2006, 04:29 PM
androdz
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: What mods will gain u the most hp?

Dont know about cams on this engines I have been waiting for someone to post actual dyno #'s and isn't trying to sell me one. For the cost of cams I would just get the p1sc kit from texas hot rods.

Att. Andrew
Old 11-06-2006, 04:40 PM
jay0heavenly
3rd Gear Member

Hey androdz, how is your gas mileage effected by the 4.10's? After I get an exhaust set up(Corsa's by the way ) , I going either gears or an aluminum DS, but since this is my daily driver I dont really want my mileage to go down that much. I dont mind it being worse in the city, how is it on hway?
Old 11-06-2006, 05:20 PM
undefeated
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: androdz

ORIGINAL: BLackie

Yes but typically when they ask power it usually means they want their car to go faster. A Gear install will smoke any cai/tune any day of the week. I would love to see 1 stock gt break loose on 1st gear with just cai/tune, with the gear install that because a habit unless you put better tires than the stock crapellis.

Att. Andrew
Okay, can a stock GT with 4'10's really beat a GT with CAI/Tune?
serious question, no sarcasim
The Stock Gt with 4.10's will walk around the cai/tune one.

Att. Andrew
I'm about to find out the answer to a similar situation. My friend has a CAI and tune along with x pipe with hi flow cats. I have a Cai and tune with 4.10's. He believes his car is stronger. I don't. We'll see.
Old 11-06-2006, 07:37 PM
androdz
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: undefeated

ORIGINAL: BLackie

Yes but typically when they ask power it usually means they want their car to go faster. A Gear install will smoke any cai/tune any day of the week. I would love to see 1 stock gt break loose on 1st gear with just cai/tune, with the gear install that because a habit unless you put better tires than the stock crapellis.

Att. Andrew
Okay, can a stock GT with 4'10's really beat a GT with CAI/Tune?
serious question, no sarcasim
The Stock Gt with 4.10's will walk around the cai/tune one.

Att. Andrew
I'm about to find out the answer to a similar situation. My friend has a CAI and tune along with x pipe with hi flow cats. I have a Cai and tune with 4.10's. He believes his car is stronger. I don't. We'll see.
You will smoke him like there is no tomorrow. The high flow cats and exhaust is more for the sound than any real performance gains. I only got 8hp by switching to the corsa's naturally aspirated. The stock system is really good, one of the best factory systems I have seen but since I am going boost I had to get a better exhaust. And for the milleage it really hasn't dropped at all. Dont worry about milleage, the milleage is really on how you drive. I can avg 20ish mpg as I can 8mpg depends on my mood .
Old 11-07-2006, 07:07 AM
undefeated
4th Gear Member

You will smoke him like there is no tomorrow.
We shall soon find out. I'm going to try and get a vid of it for entertainment.