Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

GTO....smoked me BUT!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2006, 11:39 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

Default GTO....smoked me BUT!!!!!!

It was funny, I was leaving my job the other day and one of those chevy cavaliers that pontiac put the big *** engine in )comonly known as a GTO) was in front of me as we came out of the parking lot exit. HE TORE out of there, I on the other hand left a little more cautiously (I like to see my surroundings and evaluate, traffic, cops etc) he was a good 6 car lengths ahead of me for I got into mine....I was gaining ground we both went on to another famous FL highway heading south and he was still 3 cars ahead.....allot of traffic and I was stuck behind...eventually I did catch up to him, but with traffic I was done as I dont like to play like that....so I guess in a way I was torched....true he had 6 car lengths at first...and true it was a little less dramatic because of it....I just wish he would have let me get on his side then go at the begininng but he was all about tearing out of my job parking lot(Which I did not want to do for aforementioned Reasons) not to mention speed cameras at my job and cameras all over the place ...and of course my job being on Indian land has their own POLICE Dept....so I did not want to risk someones life, my job, or ticket to play this day....someday we will meet again...and circumstances could be different....
Old 11-06-2006, 12:35 AM
androdz
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: GTO....smoked me BUT!!!!!!

You should had taken him by much more did you reclutched or just waited till the revs went up? I was taking car lenghts on them with just the cai/tune and udp's
Old 11-06-2006, 11:44 AM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

Default RE: GTO....smoked me BUT!!!!!!

no androdz, I was just messing araound, but I found it funny that he did not even want to wait for me to start even with him...and even with him tearing out of their at 6 car lengths I still caught up to him rather quickly...then traffic intervened.
ORIGINAL: androdz

You should had taken him by much more did you reclutched or just waited till the revs went up? I was taking car lenghts on them with just the cai/tune and udp's