Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Granatelli CAI

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2006, 02:27 AM
Arrow
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Granatelli CAI

Just take yer time. It is a simple mod, after all.

I probably spent about 15 minutes doing actual work, and about an hour and a half just making sure everything was lined up before I started. And that's just because I'm overly cautious (not that it hasn't served me well, though...)

Old 11-09-2006, 12:45 PM
ski
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Arrow

It is a simple mod...
Not always:
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showpo...&postcount=558
Old 11-09-2006, 04:48 PM
SlappyGT
2nd Gear Member

Don't even bring posts from that crap hole forum over here.

The clamps fit, you just have to put a little muscle behind them. They were designed so you didn't have a clamp that was a foot too long, and you end up with a big piece of metal hanging down into your engine bay or scratching the bottom of the hood.

I don't see what the problem is with the way the "heat shield" fits. Coincidentally, it's less of a heat shield and more of a wind deflection shield. It's only plastic, after all.

Granatelli has been making parts for Mustangs since most of us were in diapers. I like to believe they know what they're doing. The reason the filter hits the brake lines is because they designed it with the least amount of bends as possible to improve air flow. If it bothers you that much, go buy a more narrow filter from K&N or something.

As far as a the bad batch of MAFs, well, I would like to know what happened there. But s hit happens. But there have been a lot more happy Granatelli CAI customers on here that unhappy ones. And the idiots over at BB don't seem to like anything or anybody. (sorry, had to be said)
Old 11-09-2006, 05:58 PM
TElke1
2nd Gear Member

Hi everyone...I just emailed Granatelli on this as I have a MAF that is not working.....IM hoping that this is the problem and they will send me a new one with me returning the bad one w/o any questions......I let you guys knows what happens with this
Old 11-09-2006, 06:06 PM
techmanBDsStang
3rd Gear Member

I don't see what the problem is with the way the "heat shield" fits. Coincidentally, it's less of a heat shield and more of a wind deflection shield. It's only plastic, after all.
Slappy, your's is made out of plastic? MIne is metal.
Old 11-09-2006, 06:51 PM
ski
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SlappyGT

Don't even bring posts from that crap hole forum over here.
And the idiots over at BB don't seem to like anything or anybody.
I'll post links to other Mustang forums whenever and wherever I want, Hitler.
I do not like liars.
Old 11-09-2006, 10:00 PM
SlappyGT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: techmanBDsStang

Slappy, your's is made out of plastic? MIne is metal.
techman, yep, mine's made outta plastic

ORIGINAL: ski

I do not like liars.
I'm sorry, did you just call me a liar? That's mature.
And I wasn't really being serious when I said not to bring up threads from another forum. Seems to me like you are the perfect example of what I was talking about...
Old 11-09-2006, 10:43 PM
oothejoo

I'm having issues with my CAI as well. I tried to install it today and there is def a problem with the MAF connector. When i connect the connector they don't snap together, and they slide right apart. I tried to use elec. tape to hold them together but when i start the car it stalls. I tried connecting the maf without using the granatelli maf connector and it fires up and idles just fine. I'm going to call them tomorrow to see if they will ship me a new connector
Old 11-10-2006, 12:03 AM
TElke1
2nd Gear Member

Granatelli called me today....they explained that wanted to get this fixed for me and I have to mail the MAF to them and they are going to send another one......I would call them or email them asap....I hope this gets taking care of fast b/c im ready to see what this thing can do!
Old 11-10-2006, 04:32 AM
JayFi
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SlappyGT
ORIGINAL: ski

I do not like liars.
I'm sorry, did you just call me a liar? That's mature.
And I wasn't really being serious when I said not to bring up threads from another forum. Seems to me like you are the perfect example of what I was talking about...
Slappy, don't even worry about it... anyone who follows the GMS-related threads here (or on the other site) can see that this person is just a hater who offers no constructive help.

Quick Reply: Granatelli CAI