Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

I don't think this is normal..

Old 11-07-2006, 06:50 PM
saud alzaabi
3rd Gear Member

Default I don't think this is normal..

Well guys...

after i installed my 4.10 gears and LCA+UCA I really noticed a faster better handling car, but what seems the problem is that when I reach the speed of 100 to 130 mph there is a HUUUGE vibration in my car... espeically the higher speed i get the more my car vibrates as if im going 40 on a rocky road..(gravel or i dont know whats it called )

So what could be my problem ?

I adjusted my LCA -2 degree's due to my aluminum drive shaft ( 1-pc ) and I also have a custom 05 octane tune ...
I didnt have this vibration with the drive shaft.. I only noticed it with my 4.10s and control arms..

Old 11-07-2006, 06:51 PM
P Zero
5th Gear Member

Default RE: I don't think this is normal..

Did you lower the car at all? Or does it have the stock ride height? If you lowered it you might have to change the angle of the pinion in order to compensate for the ride height difference.
-P.
Old 11-08-2006, 07:00 AM
saud alzaabi
3rd Gear Member

Nop.. stock ride height..

My mods are exactly :

Sct tune
adjustable lower control arms -2 degree adjusted
upper control arms
custom Drive shaft by spyder ( has nothing to do with vibration )
Frpp 4.10 ring and pinion gears
and the stock 18 inch fanbades with stock bfgoodrich tires..

I cant take it to the dealer because they said if i complain about anything that has something to do with my mods then it will void my warranty..
Old 11-08-2006, 01:06 PM
Saleen302
I ♥ Acer

Patient: Doc it hurts when I do this.
Doctor: Then don't do it.

Follow me?
Old 11-08-2006, 01:46 PM
CrazyAl
5th Gear Member

Your driveshaft angle is wrong.

As I posted when you first asked about your vibration problem a while ago, you should adjust your LCAs so that your transmission output flange and your pinion flange are paralell to each other.

The -2 degree angle setting is for the OEM 2-pc driveshaft, not the 1-pc you have.
Old 11-10-2006, 05:21 PM
saud alzaabi
3rd Gear Member

CrazyAl whats the name of that measurment tool?

I went to a garage but he said its impossible to find that tool that measures the driveshaft.. i knew he was bullshting... U give me the name of that tool and im going to ask everyshop if they have it or not....

Could it be by anychance the 4.10s ? ? but i felt the vibration coming from the body ...
Old 11-10-2006, 05:41 PM
CrazyAl
5th Gear Member

There's no way the cause is the 4.10s. If your pinion angle was not set up like this, then the pinion angle is definatley wrong.

It is not difficult to measure the angle of the flanges. The tool is not anything special. I attached a picture of what they normally look like....any shop that does suspension work should have one. A carpenter would have one too. We call it an "angle gage" or an "angle finder".

You simply hold the tool against the transmission flange. The tool has a weighted pointer in it, which always points up due to gravity. You simply read the mark at the needle, and that is the angle of the transmission flange. Then you adjust the LCAs until the pinion flange has the same angle.

You can also use a simple protractor and a piece of string with a weight on the end of it.

Here is an image that shows how it should be set up:

https://mustangforums.com/upfiles/45...6F1E3F3955.jpg

If your suspension shop cannot do a simple job like this, go somewhere else!!

[IMG]local://upfiles/32957/35EE2C8459234D6C86439F647D273F5A.jpg[/IMG]
Old 11-10-2006, 05:43 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

It's called an angle finder and it should be with the levels at a hardware store. Not sure if you call it a hardware store there.

ORIGINAL: saud alzaabi

CrazyAl whats the name of that measurment tool?

I went to a garage but he said its impossible to find that tool that measures the driveshaft.. i knew he was bullshting... U give me the name of that tool and im going to ask everyshop if they have it or not....

Could it be by anychance the 4.10s ? ? but i felt the vibration coming from the body ...
Old 11-10-2006, 07:24 PM
saud alzaabi
3rd Gear Member

yeah its called hardware store... Ace hardware is the best in here..

I wish they open the OBI hardware store.. i went there in germany and damn it was a peice of heaven .. any tool I thought of was there even the imaginary ones..

Ok crazyal = He used that tool he put it just behind the difrential box... and he said he got it -2 degrees like the instruction said... in the instruction it said keep the bmr as stock length then install and if needed adjust so he adjusted it -2 degrees and in the instruction it said for manuals between -2 and -3 ...

what do you recomend?
Old 11-10-2006, 08:21 PM
CrazyAl
5th Gear Member

The BMR directions are for the OEM Two-piece driveshaft. Those directions are WRONG if you have a 1-pc driveshaft.

Becasue you have a 1-pc driveshaft, you cannot use the method described in the BMR directions. You must do what I described in the earlier post: Measure the transmission flange angle, and adjust the LCA so that the pinion flange has that same angle.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I don't think this is normal..