Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

a warning about warranty

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 11:34 PM
Apoptosis
poptart tits

Default RE: a warning about warranty

Man, it sounds like you guys have terrible dealers. I love the one where mine is under warranty. I took my stang in to get the skipper 500 replaced and they called me up and said there were a few TSB's and if I wanted them fixed. Then the day after I took my car home, a nice lady called and asked if everything was running perfectly and if it wasn't just bring it back.

That's service [&:]
Old 07-03-2007, 12:52 PM
exforbrian
1st Gear Member

how do I get my money back for the warranty?
Old 07-03-2007, 02:20 PM
sycd
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: exforbrian

If you already have your ext. warranty contract it should tell you how to cancel it. Or ask the dealer for the ext. warranty company's contact info so that you can contact them to find out. Don't wait for the warranty paper work to come in if you don't have it yet. Some will only give you full refund within 30 days and below a number of miles, and the contract which describes how to cancel it sometimes takes longer to arrive. You can still cancel after that period, but you get back a pro-rated amount, not the full amount.
Old 07-03-2007, 06:57 PM
sybidoc

FOMOCO is a prime example of a huge American corp screwing over their customers to maximize profit. I've had warranty issues ignored by Ford, continued to bitch and finally got them fixed. Ford will eventually go under and become Studebaker, lol, enjoy 'em while we can....... PS, if you think Ford is bad, try to get your Health Insurance Co to pay anything, those guys have destroyed the health care system with their fraudulant policies. I hate that F'er Michael Moore, but he's right about the Insurance companies.
Old 07-03-2007, 07:23 PM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: exforbrian

National Provisions Booklet(Should have come with yourpaperwork) chapter 12 page 20. Just went through this last month.

Be sure to read it carefully as it does vary slightly in some states.

One more thing...when you turn in your paperwork for the refund dont hand deliver, rather send via ups, fedex or USPS priority mail, orwhichever way that requires a signature for delivery and which you can track if they give you crap about it. Mine went smoothly, I got lucky....
Old 07-03-2007, 07:55 PM
exforbrian
1st Gear Member

thanks guys!!
Old 07-04-2007, 01:42 AM
D_Gusler
3rd Gear Member

Just gonna add that the last clucth I put in a new mustang paid 2.6 hours. That's it.
Old 07-04-2007, 02:51 AM
baha
3rd Gear Member

Believe it or not guys, I sold my Audi for the exact same reasons, I just wanted to escape from the pain and suffering the dealer caused me, they even tricked me once into paying for a part that was under warranty!![sm=headbang.gif] keep in mind that I payed cash for this GERMAN PEACE OF ART.....yah right!! now I don't deny Audis are well made and fantastic performers but I couldn't take it anymore!

BTW I payed $50,000 for that car (my stocks were flyin) and look what I got, nothing but headaches!![sm=boohoo.gif]
Old 07-04-2007, 03:20 AM
PLstang
5th Gear Member

Yah, I feel your pain I wrote off the dealership after I had to bring my car back the third time for paint and body. Thing still has overspray! I just plan on getting it fixed by a profesional (insert someone who doesn't work at dealership). I figured the mechanical side would be the same so I went ahead and started to mod my car. I figure if something breaks I'll just upgrade!
Old 07-04-2007, 04:01 AM
exforbrian
1st Gear Member

I have a $100 deductible, so that means that just about ANYTHING could cost you something and somethings could cost you way more then it should to get fixed...

Quick Reply: a warning about warranty