Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Is it just me lol

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2006, 11:10 AM
Wally39
4th Gear Member

Default Is it just me lol

Ever notice when your cruising around keeping your eyes open for a car that might be a challenge he's always going the other way?
Or you can go all day with noone wanting to race you, but the minute your wife or g/f is with you then someone toys with you, but you don't want to **** off your wife g/f so you don't toy with them back. Must be part of Murphy's law or I'm out of sync with my town's traffic lol.
Old 11-12-2006, 12:05 PM
GiMiX
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Is it just me lol

i agree.. and also... when i have like 10 miles of fuel left before empty and i dont wanna floor it someone always seems to get me then..
Old 11-12-2006, 12:10 PM
Menace
5th Gear Member

I don't know what people's deal with driving around looking for people to race. I must lack that gene or something, but to each their own. When I first bought the car I was like 1 of 3 in a 50 mile radius that had the car. It was no where to be found, and the other one was one identical to mine so I'm sure when people saw it they thought it was the same person.

Anyway, people always were gawking and some trans ams or ricers would want to taunt me. I've given in a few times. There was a Honda or Acura, not sure. Had dual exhaust and looked OEM as opposed to big fart can. He was just driving all fast like and pulled up along side of me. Then he sped off and I was like. "Ok." because at this time it was late at night and I didn't want to be bothered. Then he did it again and I just dropped it just to show him that he couldn't stand a chance... but for 10 miles he consistantly wanted to mess with me. Then there were these two biker dudes. I was driving the speed limit and they kinda wanted to go faster but they couldn't pass me. So when the passing lanes came up I expected him to just pull around me and continue on his merry way... but instead he pulled up along side of me and started revving it... At this point I was curious. He's 1/4 of my weight an has probably a 3rd of my power. So I dropped it and took off, and continued pulling and pulling away... it wasn't even a challenge. Though he gave a thumbs up and I returned it. Another was with a Ford Lightning at a stop. An older couple probably 50-60s... It was kinda comical. We were just waiting for the light to turn green, and then when we took off we took off slow... and then we both just gunned it. Then when it was all said and done we're driving and his wife goes "What's that thing got under the hood?" and stuff like that. So all in all it was an enjoyable experience... but it's still not worth it on the street. I'm only lucky I was never caught.
Old 11-12-2006, 12:15 PM
Wally39
4th Gear Member

Sounds like your doing the same thing I do. As far as LOOKING for a race, I don't. It just happens to be a bonus if I'm out away from residential neighborhoods outside of town and someone wants to play.
Old 11-12-2006, 12:30 PM
Menace
5th Gear Member

I've realized that I've done it, on numerous times... but I also realize it's stupid. It's so much easier just to go to the track and whoop up on imports all day, rather then being silly on public streets. Speaking of which, today was scheduled to be the Imports vs American muscle at the track today, but it's also scheduled for ran. Pooey.
Old 11-12-2006, 04:06 PM
flewbyu
4th Gear Member

I know what you mean. Friday a Mach 1 (blue) came up even with me two lanes over and started revving his motor. I could see him coming up in the mirrors from way back.

Well, it was family night out and we decided to take the Stang for a change over the SUV. After a few seconds of revving he just went by but it was not impressive. I acted like I did not even notice it to my wife (I did though) I just turned the radio up a bit before he came knowing what to expect from him. I think its better for when I see him again and he trys that again when I'm alone. Boy oh boy he will get the surprise of his life when I break loose!!!

He gets a pass for now.
Old 11-12-2006, 04:15 PM
johnnyv8
4th Gear Member

You guys are lucky... Every time i get a sport car; i always find the "faster" cars next to me. LIke when i hand my na 3kgt pushing 222hp, i would always end up next to a 04 mustang gts, cobra at a light... I finally got a 300hp car, and what do find up my butt...a dodge ram srt-10 (viper motor); I just cant win. Then i let my buddy drive my car, and some riced out neon (non-srt4) start reving and "really" want to race...

It always fun following a car 10x faster just because you want to hear it at WOT. i did that w/ a Ferrari 575, and a viper...
Old 11-12-2006, 08:18 PM
mattblasi
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: flewbyu

I know what you mean. Friday a Mach 1 (blue) came up even with me two lanes over and started revving his motor. I could see him coming up in the mirrors from way back.

Well, it was family night out and we decided to take the Stang for a change over the SUV. After a few seconds of revving he just went by but it was not impressive. I acted like I did not even notice it to my wife (I did though) I just turned the radio up a bit before he came knowing what to expect from him. I think its better for when I see him again and he trys that again when I'm alone. Boy oh boy he will get the surprise of his life when I break loose!!!

He gets a pass for now.
Oh I have it like when we went on the SCOA Cruise and did not find a single challenge the entire day, until after we split and I run into to just after you turn off for home.......
[:-]
Old 11-12-2006, 09:56 PM
flewbyu
4th Gear Member

mattblasi
Oh I have it like when we went on the SCOA Cruise and did not find a single challenge the entire day, until after we split and I run into to just after you turn off for home.......
Yeah bro it happens all the time. lol That was funny though. I told you that would happen that day. We will get um next time..
Old 11-13-2006, 08:14 PM
TElke1
2nd Gear Member

Nothings better when a new Chevy Cobalt SS pulls up next you in stop and go traffic, reving his engine...what the he*l is he thinking?? I hate dumb people like that.....

Go Bucks!