Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Dyno sheets from Comp stage 3 install

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2006, 11:26 AM
MusiccityGT
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Dyno sheets from Comp stage 3 install

Well, the custom tuning is on the schedule for friday, Dec. 1st. I'll obviously post the results!
Old 11-21-2006, 11:29 AM
MusiccityGT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SweetGT

How much more Power do you think a custom tune could pull from that? Are you thinking about having porting done in the near future?
I like the way that dyno sheet looked, I wonder if that would be to much cam for Forced Induction?
We will see what the tuning does for it. The last custom tune I had bought 23 more H/P with tuning alone. No porting thoughts at this point. Wanna get the tuning results and go from there.

Comp says that these cams are borderline too much for F/I. they suggest stage 2.
Old 11-21-2006, 02:25 PM
Getaway
2nd Gear Member

Sorry about this post, but I've got a few questions to throw your way. Thanks in advance.

Why do you need a new tuner? Do they only tune with SCT?
(I think "The Performance Garage" was like that last I talked to them...only custom tuned with SCT.)

I'm curious to see how the engine holds up to the higher rpms. I guess you upgraded your springs, but what else? Did Comp Cams mention anything about reliability of stock parts at 6500+rpms?

Last question...what you gonna do with that Diablo tuner? Can we make a deal?
Old 11-21-2006, 03:59 PM
MusiccityGT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Getaway

Sorry about this post, but I've got a few questions to throw your way. Thanks in advance.

(I think "The Performance Garage" was like that last I talked to them...only custom tuned with SCT.)

I'm curious to see how the engine holds up to the higher rpms. I guess you upgraded your springs, but what else? Did Comp Cams mention anything about reliability of stock parts at 6500+rpms?

Old 11-21-2006, 04:06 PM
MusiccityGT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Getaway

I have been pulling the car to these high rpm ranges all along with no problems. Yes, we did install Comp beehive springs and retainers. Performance garage is not doing the tune. RWTD (Running With The Devil) in Alabama is doing it. They use both Diablo and SCT. He will be building the dynotune with a SCTII unit. All I have to do is pay for the tuner if I am happy with the dyno tunes results. If I am not happy, I reload the Diablo tune and leave paying nothing. I have looked into these guys and they are one of the top tuners in the U.S. I think I will be happy with the results. If all goes as planned, perhaps we can deal. You would really like the custom dyno-tune that will come in the Predator. I will be going there Friday the 1st of Dec. for the tuning.
Old 11-21-2006, 04:56 PM
saud alzaabi
3rd Gear Member

nice... musiccitygt... Can we get a video of ur cars start up please ?
Old 11-21-2006, 06:18 PM
MusiccityGT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: saud alzaabi

nice... musiccitygt... Can we get a video of ur cars start up please ?
Saud, it is at the bottom of the first post. You'll have to turn your speakers way up though.
Old 11-21-2006, 09:42 PM
Dumpweed
2nd Gear Member

awesome car man, just awesome.
Old 11-21-2006, 10:04 PM
MusiccityGT
4th Gear Member

Thanks Dumpwood, I appreciate the kudos!! Can't wait to get down to RWTD for the custom tuning!
Old 11-21-2006, 11:22 PM
blackout
5th Gear Member

Now, I get mine back tomorrow for sure! I've been overviewing the install and wow those cam springs are a *****. I can't wait to get it back do you have any other sound clips? They have 13 hours into the install already and i'm paying $950, lucky me as upposed to the new rate which will be $1,500.

-Jeff

Quick Reply: Dyno sheets from Comp stage 3 install