Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

No horn or cruise control

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2006, 07:46 PM
limer06stang
3rd Gear Member

Default No horn or cruise control

Well me and a friend of mine just put my longtube headers on and i've just realized that my horn and cruise control aren't working and i can't seem to find the wires to where they connect so I was wondering if anyone else has had this happen and if they know where the connections are so i can check them thanks
Old 11-22-2006, 09:43 PM
DoctorQ
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: No horn or cruise control

Check the fuses first....
Old 11-23-2006, 02:57 AM
MIKE562
2nd Gear Member

To Limer06Stang: How do you like your K&N Aircharger Intake? Do you notice a difference? Reason why im asking is because i just bought one but havent installed it
Old 11-23-2006, 11:20 AM
limer06stang
3rd Gear Member

yeah but it's only like an increase of 5 hp over stock but the throttle response is a little bit better but soon i'll be going with a JLT II cai w/ a sct II tuner and i think that combo will give me a lot more but yeah i've had K&N intakes on two of my cars and its great system cause you don't need the tuner.
Old 11-23-2006, 12:04 PM
MusiccityGT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: DoctorQ

Check the fuses first....

+1 They are on the same fused circuit. You probably grounded a wire at some point and popped a fuse.
Old 11-24-2006, 09:50 AM
RED121572
4th Gear Member

No horn? Just use your finger!
Old 11-24-2006, 12:52 PM
limer06stang
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: RED121572

No horn? Just use your finger!

+1 lol hahaha, alright this might sounds stupid but do i have to go to ford to get the fuses or can i go to a local parts store?
Old 11-24-2006, 01:08 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

Lol.. man just go to an Advance. Fuses are fuses.... Id get more than you need though and just keep them in your car, never hurts to have extras.
Old 11-24-2006, 02:24 PM
05SDI
3rd Gear Member

bl1nkage is right, (to a point)

It's good to have some spare fuses, BUT it you keep blowing the same fuse then you have a problem!!!!
Replacing a fuse every now and again is fine on difference circuits. That's what fuses are for, a weak link in electrical circuit. NEVER replace a blown fuse with a larger rated fuse. I think of it as fuses being 'tattle tails' letting you know when something maybe wrong in your electrical system. The styles of fuses that are used in our cars are pretty much fool proof as they are color coded so you can just replace with the same color. If you are sure no one has been in your fuse panel/box then you might not need to double check the amperage rating of the fuse you pulled out making sure it IS the right AMP rating for that circuit. But it’s always a good idea to check. This information can usually be found on the underside of the cover or panel needed to be remove to get to the fuses.
FYI many new cars come with ‘spare fuses’ so you may already have what you need. (sorry I haven’t checked either of our cars for this) Someone else may be able to confirm this.
05SDI
Old 11-24-2006, 02:53 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

Right, if the same fuse does keep blowing you messed something. I just meant its nice to have extra fuses in the car in case anything happens to blow (because sometimes wierd sh*t happens) and it would suck to be without headlights or interior lights on a long dark road somewhere. I keep a variety pack that I got at Advance in my car and it has like 10 of each size, as well as a few of the mini ones. My last car had spare fuses that were clamped to the inside of the fuse box cover but I havent found any spares in this car yet and Ive done a fair bit of wiring.

Quick Reply: No horn or cruise control