Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Lethal Performance Customer Tim G's WHIPPLE setup!

Old 11-29-2006, 02:00 AM
Boostaddict
Former Sponsor

Default RE: Lethal Performance Customer Tim G's WHIPPLE setup!

ORIGINAL: Boozshey

So what would I have to do to get 500hp out of a whipple? Just change the pully and get a tune? Just trying to decide between the whipple and the KB.
You're going to need the High Output Intercooled Kit and run about 10-11 PSI and that should do it. You're going to need a custom tune as well as the one from Whipple that Ford put together has safety features on it that keeps it safe and not aggressive. Not saying that the tune from Whipple is weak as it makes great power but there are things in it that hold it back from extreme performance that a custom tune will yield. Give us a call if you have any other questions and we'll be glad to assist you. Thanks, Jared

Old 11-29-2006, 09:02 AM
zcat
2nd Gear Member

mustang06 - just curious what the Roush with the Procharger produced. I have a friend that just put one on his 05GT and is disappointed with his numbers and the way the power comes on. He was told he would be 475 - 500 RWHP and wound up struggling to get 440 RWHP - think the torque is 375 RW.
I am still working with Whipple to resolve the slight lean condition and will probably get a new flash-tune with a little extra fuel from them. Just got my fuel pressure guage installed and we wantted to check pressure 1st before going into the tune - looks to be right on the money too. If needed , there is an outfit here in Nashville that can custom tune it, or I could go to Memphis - New Orleans is a pretty good drive from here, but if I get a wild hair might do it. Thanks for the advice dude.
Old 11-29-2006, 10:42 AM
Wally39
4th Gear Member

Tim hangs out in the Mustang World forum. Goes by the shadow. I go back and forth from this forum to the other. This one seems to have alot more members.

Old 11-29-2006, 01:32 PM
zcat
2nd Gear Member

Thanks Wally - My car is Tungten grey too, with light silver strips. I like the way it looks under sunlight, almost has a purple tint to it. I was close to pulling the trigger on a Saleen Charger too and researched how you could use the C&L Cold Air Kit. JDM is the company that had a picture of a Saleen Charger with a C&L on and it looked KILLER! Probably what really was the final deciding factor was that I knew FRRP had input into Whipple's design and it used Ford injectors & fuel pump. Like I said on another thread, Saleen,KB and Whipple are just different versions of the same thing - can't really go wrong if you want a twin screw & choose one of those IMHO.
Have you had a dyno pull? I'd be interested in how your Stang did and how the torque curve looks. Mine looks like a slight hump with a peak of 433, but put out 400 LBs of torque at 3200 RPM.
Old 11-29-2006, 02:07 PM
zcat
2nd Gear Member

Default Shock & Awe !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Something else thats kinda cool and this thread IS about Whipples. While on the phone with tech support at Whipple the other day, they were testing a new model "BIG" blower on a donor GT500. Lets just say that "Shock and Awe" has another meaning that will be revealed soon. Get ready to change out your factory blower and INSTALL a Whipple if you own 1 of these, matter of fact, makes me think about selling the Roush for a bigger, badder & faster toy
Old 11-29-2006, 05:00 PM
drbobvs
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Shock & Awe !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So did you dyno that thing yet?, or did I miss the numbers in the thread?
Old 11-29-2006, 05:43 PM
Wally39
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Shock & Awe !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was able to fit the C&L intake, because JDM has these rubber boots that fit nicely. I had to use the engine lowering mounts so that big black C&L hose would fit under the hood. It still touches, but not bad. I would have went with the whipple, but at the time they weren't released yet and I didn't want to wait lol. Here is a pic of my dyno sheet. I hope it's readable. This is with 6lbs of boost. Not bad considering I lose more horsepower through my driveline being an automatic.

[IMG]local://upfiles/32271/43FFE27A6DA5421E88819B13DBEC3E79.jpg[/IMG]