Saleen body kit - Page 2 - MustangForums.com

GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Old 11-28-2006, 12:56 AM   #11  
05SDI
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Saleen body kit

Hold on a second!!
At first I thought this might be a good deal, but then I started thinking:

They will be getting $1300 to install and paint the Saleen 3 piece rear wing and one rocker panel & one door piece per side and finally the rear black our panel! That is all the addional labor between going back to stock or going fully body Saleen kit.
You should get a credit for NO rear deck spoiler, no grill, no foglights, no front blinkers as all of those items are broken and should have been replaced but are not needed if you were to go with the Saleen body kit. It sounds like they are NOT supplying the Saleen center dump exhaust (that's 900 out of your pocket!!!!) and is a MUST if you are running the Saleen rear bumper cover.
Now find out the difference in what a stock bumper covers and Saleen bumper covers are. As the price and prep to paint and install will be very close whether you decide to go back to stock or get the Saleen. How are they fixing the hood? 800$ buys you a non painted Aluminum supercharger hood. Hmm if they have ANY money in repairing that one.. well I know what I would do.
Last question, How many GT running around your area vrs. how many Saleens?

bottom line if you get the Complete body kit, and exhaust installed and painted for $1300 out of pocket! your getting off cheaper then if you would have never wrecked it and bought these items out right, but I think they could do a better deal!!!!
05SDI
05SDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 01:28 AM   #12  
mattblasi
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
ORIGINAL: 05SDI

Hold on a second!!
At first I thought this might be a good deal, but then I started thinking:

They will be getting $1300 to install and paint the Saleen 3 piece rear wing and one rocker panel & one door piece per side and finally the rear black our panel! That is all the addional labor between going back to stock or going fully body Saleen kit.
You should get a credit for NO rear deck spoiler, no grill, no foglights, no front blinkers as all of those items are broken and should have been replaced but are not needed if you were to go with the Saleen body kit. It sounds like they are NOT supplying the Saleen center dump exhaust (that's 900 out of your pocket!!!!) and is a MUST if you are running the Saleen rear bumper cover.
Now find out the difference in what a stock bumper covers and Saleen bumper covers are. As the price and prep to paint and install will be very close whether you decide to go back to stock or get the Saleen. How are they fixing the hood? 800$ buys you a non painted Aluminum supercharger hood. Hmm if they have ANY money in repairing that one.. well I know what I would do.
Last question, How many GT running around your area vrs. how many Saleens?

bottom line if you get the Complete body kit, and exhaust installed and painted for $1300 out of pocket! your getting off cheaper then if you would have never wrecked it and bought these items out right, but I think they could do a better deal!!!!
05SDI
Agreed you should do the kit this is the better time but as said you need to find out the price of what the OEM hood, front and rear bumper, and grill assembly because they may try to charge you for these as well and just get over on you and the insurance. Now if the 1300 includes the exhaust with the kit that price sounds about right because I wanna say it would be about $800 - 1000 for the OEM parts so the kit with hood is a bit over 2K so figure the panels that need painting that they otherwise would not repaint and you are good.

Go for it as long as it includes the exhaust and the install of the exhaust.
mattblasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 02:05 AM   #13  
Aoliver

The 1300 out of my pocket, gets me the complete body kit, the supercharged hood, the saleen on the rear bumper filled, and the car completely repainted. They will give me credit for everything I wouldn't be needing due to me purchasing the body kit. I went through the order list with him and he allotted me about 1400$ in credit from the insurance company. I'm planning on having the center exhaust installed in late January. He also stated that it would probably only end up costing me about 1150 out of pocket, 1300 was just his worst case scenario. There aren't many saleens around Seattle. I've probably only seen 4 or 5 in the last 8 months.

A local muffler shop quoted me 1025 for center exahust/install.

so 2325 worst case scenario, complete saleen bodykit, supercharged hood, saleen center exhaust, and paint/install.

I think that's pretty reasonable, any thoughts?
Aoliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 02:24 AM   #14  
johnnyv8
4th Gear Member

is there any frame damage? I'm all about going nutz after something like that. I remeber when i set my old 3000GT up a curb (need new front bumber, rim, rad, windsheild, air bags) and i was like screw it; i want 2 get the new gen body kit; supercharger, bla bla. but end up chillen and just getting some aftermarket bumber that didnt fit to well.

so you should look into stock; or going all out. If your going to do it; do it right!

Maybe look into big aftermarket name brands that you get make ur stang dif but w/ out making it into something its not. just my thoughts on that.

good luck
johnnyv8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 03:02 AM   #15  
mattblasi
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Aoliver

The 1300 out of my pocket, gets me the complete body kit, the supercharged hood, the saleen on the rear bumper filled, and the car completely repainted. They will give me credit for everything I wouldn't be needing due to me purchasing the body kit. I went through the order list with him and he allotted me about 1400$ in credit from the insurance company. I'm planning on having the center exhaust installed in late January. He also stated that it would probably only end up costing me about 1150 out of pocket, 1300 was just his worst case scenario. There aren't many saleens around Seattle. I've probably only seen 4 or 5 in the last 8 months.

A local muffler shop quoted me 1025 for center exahust/install.

so 2325 worst case scenario, complete saleen bodykit, supercharged hood, saleen center exhaust, and paint/install.

I think that's pretty reasonable, any thoughts?
Yea I just looked up the prices on everything, sounds about right... GO FOR IT
mattblasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 12:27 PM   #16  
06 Saleen wana be

hell i paid 2 grand just to have my saleen kit and exhaust installed...and i didnt get the hood. Go for it! think about it...its 1500 just for the kit, 900 for the exhaust and 800 for the hood...and thats just parts...
06 Saleen wana be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 12:53 PM   #17  
05SDI
3rd Gear Member

Yep go for it!! You'll regret it if you don't! My biggest concern is running the Saleen rear bumper cover with out the Saleen exhaust!

and Mattblasi SWEET car!!

05SDI
Old 11-28-2006, 08:13 PM   #18  
Aoliver

I'm actually considering leaving the GT badging on there, just as an obvious give-away. I don't want it to be something it's not. I really don't care anyways, it's not my fault the guys down at Saleen and myself have similar taste.

Thanks for the input guys, I just gave them the go ahead. =D
Aoliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 08:44 PM   #19  
androdz
I ♥ Acer

The problem you have is that you are talking about fixing it with your ford dealer if I am not mistaken. Get an insurance quote from them and go to any high-end body shop and get a quote (tell them it is for an insurance company; they will know what to do) and give those to your insurance company. After you receive your insurance check shop around local shops to have your car done. My brother blew a motor on his VW Jetta vr6 and he got another block, forged internals, turbo and a body kit with 900$ left. I may hate it but having your car crashed is one of the easiest ways to mod it up.
androdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 10:41 PM   #20  
05SDI
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
ORIGINAL: androdz

(tell them it is for an insurance company; they will know what to do)

but having your car crashed is one of the easiest ways to mod it up.
Both OH so wrong but OH so true! But it works both ways!!

Check this out, I stopped about 30 ft short of a stop sign checked both mirrors and backed up to show my daughters a moose beside the road. Backed up maybe 6 ft. The guy was so close to me I never saw him! $4600 damage! What a crock! lol Not me inthe pic it was the dirtbag my insurance gave a $3600 bonus to!