Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Frustrated with CHE K-member brace and torque limiters.

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2006, 06:32 PM
superiormirage
2nd Gear Member

Default Frustrated with CHE K-member brace and torque limiters.

I posted this is the general 2005-2007 section, but I thought I would post it here as well. Thanks guys

I purchased and installed the CHE K-member brace and torque limiters 3 weeks ago, and I'm begining to get frustrated with them. When I first installed them, they worked great. No more bucking when shifting, and the transmission seemed to have stopped torqueing over when I ran her hard. After two days, I noticed my baby had gone back to bucking when I shifted hard. I got back under the car and reajusted the bolts. It was fine for a few more days and then the problem resurfaced. Once again, I get back under the car, readjust, and it is solved. Two days ago, it starts it again. I get under my car this afternoon and adjust a third time, which solves it.

The question I have is: what am I doing wrong? From what I have read, this shouldn't be happening. I have no doubt it's something I am doing incorrectly, but I can't figure it out for the life of me. Any thoughts from those of you out there that have this mod?

This is what my limiters looked like before I adjusted them.

This is the top of the passanger side limiter

Top of the Driver's side limiter

Driver's side bushings

Passanger bushing

When I adjusted the limiters, I relieved a lot of the pressure on the bushing (It's hard to tell from the pics, but they looked like they were smashed too tight.). I love the mod, but I really don't want to have to be adjusting it every 2-3 days.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 11-29-2006, 08:05 PM
MusiccityGT
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Frustrated with CHE K-member brace and torque limiters.

Replied over there.