Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Just put on the FRPP Stingers **NOW WITH VIDS**

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2006, 07:33 PM
07AlloyGT
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Just put on the FRPP Stingers

cool. it's starting to make new rattles in my car. lol

and now for the pics:

[IMG]local://upfiles/53692/EEB0138B56CD42A7B5A6CC0609DD348C.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/53692/AC97490DC4D5403CA14FAEAB2CFBB93F.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/53692/31522480463C43949939A82CED9F598A.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/53692/ABB6948663EF46C591C15ED425AFBCD0.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/53692/279FDEA6243A40158136F922025D7C71.jpg[/IMG]
Old 12-02-2006, 09:04 PM
FuriousGeorge
2nd Gear Member

Ordered my Borla Stingers on Wednesday. Got them off lethal performance for like 480ish with shipping included. I figured, hell, if I only have to drop 70 more bones to get the Borla logo...why the hell not? By the way, on lots of sites the Ford Racing Stingers look like a more tarnished finish, but your pics look shiny like the Borlas. Are they just posting goofy pics or is the finish actually different?
Old 12-02-2006, 11:10 PM
07AlloyGT
3rd Gear Member

couldn't tell ya as far as the borla vs FRPP finish. mine looked good when they came out.

sound even better
Old 12-02-2006, 11:30 PM
Bulitt
2nd Gear Member

They sound even better with the kooks you will love them[8D]
Old 12-02-2006, 11:34 PM
07AlloyGT
3rd Gear Member

lol

man, don't make me start trying to count my pennies for the kooks. it's hard looking at them and trying not to pay for them but i know at this point i don't have the dough. maybe by spring break.

hell, TAX RETURN!
Old 12-03-2006, 03:45 AM
Mach
3rd Gear Member

Sweet man, cant wait for the sound clip!
Old 12-03-2006, 05:12 AM
scramblr
3rd Gear Member

Sooooo, Flowmasters off, Borlas on, Holy Sh*t they sound bad ***!!!! What a difference. Louder, deeper, burbling, gurgling, popping, sounding good. Exactly what I was looking for. As I said before, the Flows are great, but with the Kooks it changed the sound so much, that I didn't like it. With Borlas is exactly how my car is supposed to sound...freaking mean.

Now...on to an install issue. I only have the mufflers, not the over axle pipes. The brackets I have are supposed to clamp down on the edge of the muffler pipe to make a seal with the over the axle pipes. My pipes are OEM so I have that damn stub/nub on the pipe. The clamp does not compensate for that so I have a leak on both sides right where the stubs are. Do the FRPP Stingers clamp compensate for the stub/nub?

Wondering if Boral or Ford makes a different clamp. Also wondering if I can buy just the axle back pipes. Easy fix is to take my Dremel and cut/smooth the stubs out or get different clamps. Maybe I'll put the Dremel to it today.

By the way, did I mention they sound bad ***???
Old 12-03-2006, 06:10 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

ORIGINAL: scramblr

Sooooo, Flowmasters off, Borlas on, Holy Sh*t they sound bad ***!!!! What a difference. Louder, deeper, burbling, gurgling, popping, sounding good. Exactly what I was looking for. As I said before, the Flows are great, but with the Kooks it changed the sound so much, that I didn't like it. With Borlas is exactly how my car is supposed to sound...freaking mean.

Now...on to an install issue. I only have the mufflers, not the over axle pipes. The brackets I have are supposed to clamp down on the edge of the muffler pipe to make a seal with the over the axle pipes. My pipes are OEM so I have that damn stub/nub on the pipe. The clamp does not compensate for that so I have a leak on both sides right where the stubs are. Do the FRPP Stingers clamp compensate for the stub/nub?

Wondering if Boral or Ford makes a different clamp. Also wondering if I can buy just the axle back pipes. Easy fix is to take my Dremel and cut/smooth the stubs out or get different clamps. Maybe I'll put the Dremel to it today.

By the way, did I mention they sound bad ***???

Well I am not sure about the clamps making the difference. I know when I installed my FRPP Stingers I couldn't get the clamp on correctly at first. The clamps have to be aligned a certain way for them to be tightened properly. I did not have any problem with the stubs really though. Your clamps mght work fine but may not be aligned is all. I would assume the Borla and FRPP clamps are the same. Someone else might have a better answer, but that is my experience when I put them on.
Old 12-03-2006, 06:19 AM
scramblr
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: howarmat
Well I am not sure about the clamps making the difference. I know when I installed my FRPP Stingers I couldn't get the clamp on correctly at first. The clamps have to be aligned a certain way for them to be tightened properly. I did not have any problem with the stubs really though. Your clamps mght work fine but may not be aligned is all. I would assume the Borla and FRPP clamps are the same. Someone else might have a better answer, but that is my experience when I put them on.
Unless I install them behind the stubs, there's no possible way these clamps will be flush with the pipes. And if I do go behind the stubs, I'll be about 1" away from the edge of the muffler pipe which probably wouldn't be a good seal either. Your clamps have to have some kind of slot for those stubs. Go crawl under your car and look for me...
Old 12-03-2006, 12:09 PM
triple_E_Farm
1st Gear Member

I purchased mine set from RPM outlet for around $395 shipping and every thing. I love the way they sound. they made my dad want to put some on my mom's 03 T-bird.

Quick Reply: Just put on the FRPP Stingers **NOW WITH VIDS**