Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Not fair.... I have no responsibility and yet they try to play with me..

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2006, 07:57 AM
saud alzaabi
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Not fair.... I have no responsibility and yet they try to play with me..

too bad I payed them cash...

And I went to the shop ( the one I bought the gears from ) today and he wrote a letter to the gaurage saying the product is fine and they will not accept it back after its being used so I went and took the letter there to the garage. they said they will contact the manager and sort things out with the shop since they know each other.

I told him by next week I need my car running and in a perfect shape. he said that he is going to hold me the responsability for what have happend so I told him I did the simple breakin procedure and its ur mistake ... he kept quite and said he will contact me later..

Damn them ... 2 weeks without my car... and installation 1 week total of 3 weeks because of gears problem
Old 12-03-2006, 11:28 AM
MR.Mustang
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Not fair.... I have no responsibility and yet they try to play with me..

You should not have had this mod done by a shop that has no experience. I looked at your location and it looks like you are not in the US. Changing gears requires a percise installation by an experieced shop. The pinion depth must be measued to an exact tolerance. I am in Chicago and have a set of 3.73's ready to go but I am looking for a shop that will do it right. Good luck it sounds like it will be a long time before they get it right.
Old 12-03-2006, 11:53 AM
classj
4th Gear Member

I would have ran the moment they started mentioning 3 times to get the gear pattern right based on noise.

You really have one shot to pattern the gears properly before breaking them in. It is not an easy thing to do, but in truth there is no reason it cannot be perfect the first time 90% of the time.

As far as defects, good luck. Even if it was fords fault I doubt you will see anything. I had mopar performance ship me a camshaft 2 sizes too big once in the right box. Of course, mopar doesnt stamp markings on their cams, only color dots, and no chart to read them. The machine shop did not degree in the cam despite my requests, so the cam was wrong and I had to tear it all down again in the car.

First and last time I have a machine shop assemble anything.
Old 12-03-2006, 03:06 PM
FredTT
3rd Gear Member

I seriously doubt there were anything wrong with the gears. That shop is just trying to make up crap for their lack of knowledge. Gears are the only thing in my car that I didn't install, and I found a shop where the owner had an 05 stang. He changed them for me, and it took prob about an hour or so. Ohh, and I forgot to mention, my gears were used. We found the pattern perfectly, no noise!

As for break-in period, I installed the gears and the nitrous on the same day. Break in period my ***, I was spraying all day with my new gears. 0 to 130 and back down and stuff like that. I didn't go easy on them, and now, 6 months later, everything is still ok.

~Fred
Old 12-03-2006, 04:06 PM
saud alzaabi
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: FredTT

I seriously doubt there were anything wrong with the gears. That shop is just trying to make up crap for their lack of knowledge.

~Fred

Yeah man thats what im thinking of. They are trying to throw the responsability on either me or the selling shop. I told them I have nothing done wrong.

then he said what do you suggest me doing ? I said I dont know you sort up things with the selling shop and I need my car fixed ... he said do u have a solution ? I replied hell yeah buy me another ring and pinion. He said but you will have to pay .. I said I will pay 50% ONLY.... he said we will see what we can do tommorow.

The shop I took my car in is called Liberty motor sports .. Its actually a chevy dealer who can install or mod your car out ...( only american powered cars ) and many people told me they have installed gears many times... thats why I trusted them ...

I'll keep you guys updated just pray that I dont pay anything because im saving for a pully and an electric waterpump.
Old 12-03-2006, 10:23 PM
85lebaront2
1st Gear Member

I have set many gear sets up, Ford, GM, Mopar, MG, Jaguar etc. There is a procedure dictated by the axle manufacturer. Different axles have different methods of adjustment. Most Dana and Spicer axles need a spreader to hold the case so the side bearing shims can be inserted, GM 10 bolts are the same. Some pinion depths are set with shims between the pinion and rear bearing some are set with shims between the case and rear r bearing race. The old Ford 8 and 9 inch units were way different and very easy to set. I agree withj Archion, the installing shop is either crooked or grossly incompetent. The final check after everything else is done is to roll a pattern using prussian blue. Can you post some pictures of the gears? Most people who have done rear ends can tell from the wear pattern if it is correct.