Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

WTF?!?!? Dyno today.....numbers sucked??

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2006, 08:47 PM
06SSGT
1st Gear Member

Default RE: WTF?!?!? Dyno today.....numbers sucked??

IMO, go to VMP for a dyno tune. He's in Debary and is very good. He'll take the time to get your tune right.

Also, have you gotten a sound clip yet? Man I'd love to hear that combo.
Old 12-04-2006, 09:05 PM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

dude.

its a ****ty tune.

im not gonna lie, those #'s are a sign that something's way off with the tune, thats worse than stock.
Old 12-04-2006, 10:41 PM
phatphil
3rd Gear Member

The numbers you got are bull****, I normally try to make people feel a little better by letting them know that the weather can really affect their numbers. I'd get my car dynoed with a different tune, at a different place. I'm not trying to rub salt but my car has a few more mods than yours and pulled 308.11 on a dyno-jet and 280 on a mustang dyno. I mean I've heard of some cars that are auto's having trouble breaking 270 h.p. but with your mods you should be pushing at least 270. I mean the track is the true test but still I would be pissed.
Old 12-04-2006, 10:44 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

tune is Fred at EVOLUTIONS tune...his 93 tune....thats what I thought....
ORIGINAL: AmericanMuscle4.6GT

dude.

its a ****ty tune.

im not gonna lie, those #'s are a sign that something's way off with the tune, thats worse than stock.
Old 12-04-2006, 10:48 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

I also have brenspeeds tune, but his always makes my car hiccupshifting in 1st to 2nd. the tune I am running was told to me that it was perfect for the kooks. now i question whether the tune is anything,,,,, The guy that did the dyno was very good and very knowledgable. I even asked him why, he stated the numbers are what they are,....he stated not to bother with a custom tune if I plan on boosting with a SC in the future...stated it would be a waste of money
ORIGINAL: phatphil

The numbers you got are bull****, I normally try to make people feel a little better by letting them know that the weather can really affect their numbers. I'd get my car dynoed with a different tune, at a different place. I'm not trying to rub salt but my car has a few more mods than yours and pulled 308.11 on a dyno-jet and 280 on a mustang dyno. I mean I've heard of some cars that are auto's having trouble breaking 270 h.p. but with your mods you should be pushing at least 270. I mean the track is the true test but still I would be pissed.
Old 12-04-2006, 10:51 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

no < i may have been misunderstood....i was runing 14.5 to 15.5 in the first run if you look at my printout, I then adjusted the parameters on the xcal 2 by 11% to get it at 12.6-12.8...so what do I do ...I wrote evolution to go over with them...I will wait and see what he does.....I also have brenspeeds tune but it hiccups when shifting 1st to 2nd and sometimes 2nd to 3rd.....ARRRGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so freaking frustrated right now...2400 in mods for 6 HP????
ORIGINAL: turbostang21

those numbers certainly seem low especially on a dynojet (a mustang dyno (nothing to do with a ford mustang...it's just the name) is a load bearing dyno that takes into acount the weight, wind resistance at high speeds, and other real world parameters so it usually shows 8%-14% lower numbers than a dynojet).i would also run it down the track to see how it does and go from there. the dynojet may no be calibrated properly although i doubt it. also 11.0:1 is very rich for a naturally aspirated car....11.5, 11.8 is optimal for forced induction. 12.5 to about 13.3 is where a n/a car will perform it's best. so i'd say there's a good bit of power lost there....also what is your base and total timing. the tune (both a/f and timing) is really where all the power is made...so i'd say that's your problem. where'd you go?
Old 12-04-2006, 10:55 PM
The Ghost
3rd Gear Member

I have an auto. My very first Dyno run bone stock on a Dynojet showed 268.43 Hp and 292 Ft/lbs Tq. With my C&L and Brenspeed tune (my very first mod) I pulled 289.24hp and 305 ft/lb Tq. Your #'s are low, did he have you pull in 4th gear? You should be at the 1:1 ratio for an acurate pull. Otherwise, I'm just not sure, but you should be considerably higher than you posted.
Old 12-04-2006, 10:57 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

I dont get it.....so do i go to another DYNO place...will that make a difference....do I bother the person I bought the tune from until a new one is sent that is better......do I load Brenspeeds tune and run that at a dyno...my only fear there is his tune hiccups while shifting in my car.....I have attached the disappointment in smaller format so you can see it.....very disenchanting

[IMG]local://upfiles/42783/F0F0C76C62604E458158F8CCAC5797DF.jpg[/IMG]
Old 12-04-2006, 10:59 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

be honest with you I dunno ..how he did it....I dont want to bash him..he seemed like a great guy with a huge knowledge....he spoke good of other companies that did tunes...hell he even did not TRY to sell me on a tune...he talked me out of it....so I dont know....is there a way he can make the numbers seem lower....
ORIGINAL: The Ghost

I have an auto. My very first Dyno run bone stock on a Dynojet showed 268.43 Hp and 292 Ft/lbs Tq. With my C&L and Brenspeed tune (my very first mod) I pulled 289.24hp and 305 ft/lb Tq. Your #'s are low, did he have you pull in 4th gear? You should be at the 1:1 ratio for an acurate pull. Otherwise, I'm just not sure, but you should be considerably higher than you posted.
Old 12-05-2006, 01:29 AM
phatphil
3rd Gear Member

Did you get with Brent at Brenspeed to work out the hic-cups ? He should work with you to get it straightened out.

Quick Reply: WTF?!?!? Dyno today.....numbers sucked??