Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

WTF?!?!? Dyno today.....numbers sucked??

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2006, 07:38 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

Default WTF?!?!? Dyno today.....numbers sucked??

Ok, I got my car DYNO today and the numbers were frankly embarassing. my mods are in my sig....but this is what I have.....temp in fla was 76 degrees, just got back from driving around for a couple hours as the shop is 56 miles south of me. 2005 mustang gt with automatic...my mods are C+L Cold air intake with Evolution 93 tune. It was running VERY Lean in the first run, but adjusted my A/F to 11% to bring it down. I am also running with Kooks L/T with katted H pipe....and my best run after the A/f adjustment was HP257.94 and torque at 268.23....WTF happened...almost $2400 in mods and thats all it gets me???? the shop I went to said to get a custom tune will give me some more numbers but since I am switching to a Supercharger in 8 months he said dont waste the money.....please advise...wtf[sm=wtf.gif]

[IMG]local://upfiles/42783/B4059A87B6E144BEBF5C085B05B784C7.jpg[/IMG]
Old 12-04-2006, 07:42 PM
Apoptosis
poptart tits

Default RE: WTF?!?!? Dyno today.....numbers sucked??

Was it a humid day?

You might wanna take it to another dyno or something, those are the lowest #'s I have seen on 'em.
Old 12-04-2006, 07:44 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Take it to the track!
Old 12-04-2006, 07:44 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

only 11% humidity..perfect day for pulling
ORIGINAL: KTownGT

Was it a humid day?

You might wanna take it to another dyno or something, those are the lowest #'s I have seen on 'em.
Old 12-04-2006, 07:45 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

I agree..I mean....the track is what proves everything..numbers are just that....but isnt that low???
ORIGINAL: moosestang

Take it to the track!
Old 12-04-2006, 07:45 PM
zcat
2nd Gear Member

Those do seem awfully low. The day I dyno'd my car, our club had a dyno day meeting and the a stock stang without any mods - 5 speed, dyno'd about 270 RWHP and seems like 295 RWTQ. There was a stocker with air-raid CAI and he was 285 RWHP if I remember correctly. The dyno was a dynajet and they are supposed to be generous from what I understand. Get the blower on and you'll feel better
Old 12-04-2006, 08:00 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Yes that's low, but i'm guessing it's probably wrong for whatever reason. Where are you in Florida? You can drive my car and see if you feel a huge difference in power, i'm betting you won't and those numbers are wrong.

Anyway if you go to the track and run low 13's then you'll know your above 257rwhp.

ORIGINAL: cheftjpeck

I agree..I mean....the track is what proves everything..numbers are just that....but isnt that low???

Take it to the track!
Old 12-04-2006, 08:07 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

I am in tampa....should I take it to a different shop...will it matter???what could make the numbers be so low on the Dynojet??

Yes that's low, but i'm guessing it's probably wrong for whatever reason. Where are you in Florida? You can drive my car and see if you feel a huge difference in power, i'm betting you won't and those numbers are wrong.

Anyway if you go to the track and run low 13's then you'll know your above 257rwhp.

ORIGINAL: cheftjpeck

Take it to the track!
Old 12-04-2006, 08:12 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

I'm no dyno expert so I don't know, but i'm sure someone with some experience will chime in soon. Who is your tune from? Were your LT's included in the tune?

What shop did you take it to? Maybe someone else has experience with the same shop.

I'm sure there are many things that can cause inaccurate dyno numbers, maybe they had the E-brake on. Maybe your rear tires were slipping on the rollers, not sure if that happens or not, but it would make sense.
Old 12-04-2006, 08:37 PM
turbostang21
5th Gear Member

those numbers certainly seem low especially on a dynojet (a mustang dyno (nothing to do with a ford mustang...it's just the name) is a load bearing dyno that takes into acount the weight, wind resistance at high speeds, and other real world parameters so it usually shows 8%-14% lower numbers than a dynojet).i would also run it down the track to see how it does and go from there. the dynojet may no be calibrated properly although i doubt it. also 11.0:1 is very rich for a naturally aspirated car....11.5, 11.8 is optimal for forced induction. 12.5 to about 13.3 is where a n/a car will perform it's best. so i'd say there's a good bit of power lost there....also what is your base and total timing. the tune (both a/f and timing) is really where all the power is made...so i'd say that's your problem. where'd you go?

Quick Reply: WTF?!?!? Dyno today.....numbers sucked??