Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

installed JLT CAI/tune.......HOLY FUC K

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2006, 03:44 AM
I8ACHEVY
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: installed JLT CAI/tune.......HOLY FUC K

I installed my JLT CAI and Brenspeed 87 Tune tonight too. 87 tune because I still have to get rid of that gas that's in the tank. I'll be filling up on 93 in the morning and will probably give it a few days to purge before topping off with 93 again and flashing with the 93 tune. I will say WOW..and that's only on the 87 tune! Throttle response and lag are GONE! YAYYYY! 1st gear is a joke and no longer existant. 2nd gear is a BEAST! The install was pretty straight forward. I am still questioning the position of the heat shield. Where exactly does it rest near the ABS lines? Right now I have it resting against the first nut at the bottom of the first ABS line, but it had shifted after the first test drive and was up agains the actual line.
Also, does anyone know if Brenspeed accounts for the 18" wheels on the stang? I was reading something about needing to input the actual revolutions per mile, but didn't know if Brenspeed actually did that or not beforehand. If it needs to be inputted, does anyone know the revolutions per mile on the 18" fan blade wheels with stock goodrich rubber?

Thanks!
Old 12-05-2006, 10:22 AM
FuriousGeorge
2nd Gear Member

Awesome!!! I'm sure you will be hearing similar reviews of my Steeda CAI/Xcal install later on this week. Hopefully it comes in before my Stingers, because I know I won't be able to not put on both at the same time otherwise, and I would love to hear the intake suck air before I put on the exhaust that will drown out every sound my car make!
Old 12-05-2006, 02:44 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: I8ACHEVY

I installed my JLT CAI and Brenspeed 87 Tune tonight too. 87 tune because I still have to get rid of that gas that's in the tank. I'll be filling up on 93 in the morning and will probably give it a few days to purge before topping off with 93 again and flashing with the 93 tune. I will say WOW..and that's only on the 87 tune! Throttle response and lag are GONE! YAYYYY! 1st gear is a joke and no longer existant. 2nd gear is a BEAST! The install was pretty straight forward. I am still questioning the position of the heat shield. Where exactly does it rest near the ABS lines? Right now I have it resting against the first nut at the bottom of the first ABS line, but it had shifted after the first test drive and was up agains the actual line.
Also, does anyone know if Brenspeed accounts for the 18" wheels on the stang? I was reading something about needing to input the actual revolutions per mile, but didn't know if Brenspeed actually did that or not beforehand. If it needs to be inputted, does anyone know the revolutions per mile on the 18" fan blade wheels with stock goodrich rubber?

Thanks!
Run the tank to almost empty then fill up with 93 octane. Drive home and reflash to 93 octane. There would be no problems doing this. Not sure about the wheel rpms. That is something for Brenspeed to answer.
Old 12-05-2006, 03:14 PM
Dienadel

HAHA

I feel your joy!

Old 12-05-2006, 04:39 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

The readout when flashing is normal. What octane tune did you install? The 93 tune makes the throttle in 1st gear very sensitive, mine pulls a lot harder in 1st with the 93 tune.

I know a tune and CAI is only good for 20-30rwhp, but it sure feels like more than that. I can't wait to see what an extra 100 feels like.
Old 12-05-2006, 06:12 PM
06stangGT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: I8ACHEVY
+1 I need to get the onfo on that as well.

Also, What would most everyone on here say was the better way to go? The C&L AIR INTAKE WITH SCT X-CAL2 or the JLT 2 INTAKE W/ XCAL2
Old 12-05-2006, 06:24 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

For the money, I would go with the JLT and tuner. I think LMPerformance has them for $554 plus 5% off. I don't think you can extra HP for that price.
Old 12-05-2006, 07:37 PM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

driving the car more today, fantastic. 2 issues.

a couple times 2nd gear lagged. i floored it and it felt like traction control kicked in then turned off. t/c was OFF. info? fuel TSB?

also, in the higher RPM's i'll get a bunch of pinging when i'm really flogging it. bad gas maybe? i did use a fuel system cleaner this tank.

93 octane gas used.
Old 12-05-2006, 07:56 PM
06stangGT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: AmericanMuscle4.6GT

a couple times 2nd gear lagged. i floored it and it felt like traction control kicked in then turned off. t/c was OFF. info? fuel TSB?
Before this, were you drivin highway for a ways? or at a steady rpm for quite some distance?
Old 12-05-2006, 08:10 PM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 06stangGT

ORIGINAL: AmericanMuscle4.6GT

Before this, were you drivin highway for a ways? or at a steady rpm for quite some distance?

yes, in fact.

but its never done this before.

Quick Reply: installed JLT CAI/tune.......HOLY FUC K