Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Cool "Turbine" sound when switching off..?!

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2006, 03:59 PM
GT Newbie
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Cool "Turbine" sound when switching off..?!

Thanks for your input cheftjpeck!
The price sounds fine- my only problem is that when it comes to making or fixing anything mechanical
I've got TWO left hands (probably THE most unmechanical guy in this entire forum!!), and I don't want to f*ck up my beautiful new stang by trying to install anything myself.
I wonder if there's any place in South Jersey (near Toms River) where I could get this done..?
Also, you say something about "flashing back to stock" when taking it to the dealer, which could be another problem since I have no idea what the heck you're talking about.......
I'm afraid I'm just hopeless at this kind of thing, and will probably be doomed to keep it running stock forever unless I find someone in my area who takes pity on me and helps me out.........
Old 12-05-2006, 04:03 PM
scramblr
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cheftjpeck

the punch is incredible.....the change is wow....the price is $500-700 with a tuner and canned tune...(CAI)....warranty can nOT be voided unless they can prove your changes caused the issue....I have had no issues with my dealer...i just flash back to stock when taking he car in....also keep your stock air box in case you have a stickler of a dealer...
Not to get to far off topic, but are you driving your car with the C&L and stock tune when you go to the dealer?
Old 12-05-2006, 04:04 PM
GT Newbie
3rd Gear Member

Hey Wally39- it sounds SO cool that Ford should have put a toggle switch on the dash so that we could turn it on or off manually (with an automatic override of course so if anyone forgot to turn it on the car wouldn't burst into flames.....).
Old 12-05-2006, 04:09 PM
scramblr
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GT Newbie

The price sounds fine- my only problem is that when it comes to making or fixing anything mechanical
I've got TWO left hands (probably THE most unmechanical guy in this entire forum!!), and I don't want to f*ck up my beautiful new stang by trying to install anything myself.
I wonder if there's any place in South Jersey (near Toms River) where I could get this done..?
Also, you say something about "flashing back to stock" when taking it to the dealer, which could be another problem since I have no idea what the heck you're talking about.......
I'm afraid I'm just hopeless at this kind of thing, and will probably be doomed to keep it running stock forever unless I find someone in my area who takes pity on me and helps me out.........
Man, don't sweat it. The CAI is not only the most simple bolt on, but the one that gives you the most power. The hand held tuner is only a matter of going through a couple of menus. If you can post on this forum, you can work the simple menus of the tuner. You should do some searches on hand held tuner, xcal2, and/or diablosport. Also do some searches on CAI installs. Worse case, post a question on the foum...just make sure you've searched for the answer first.
Old 12-05-2006, 05:38 PM
Wally39
4th Gear Member

GT newbie
Sounds like a good idea lol
Old 12-05-2006, 09:44 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Are ya'll talking about the Sppppppppppttttttt sound? Sounds more like a nitrous purge valve to me.

Old 12-05-2006, 09:49 PM
BlackBetty
2nd Gear Member

moose, I have also heard that sound, and I think it has something to do with the heating/cooling system, as I only hear it when I'm using the AC or heat. I think what you're talking about is different than the fan winding down sound, because I've heard that too.
Old 12-05-2006, 11:00 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

I'm pretty sure mine does that every time I shut off the car, wether i'm using the heat/AC or not. I'll let you know tomorrow.
ORIGINAL: BlackBetty

moose, I have also heard that sound, and I think it has something to do with the heating/cooling system, as I only hear it when I'm using the AC or heat. I think what you're talking about is different than the fan winding down sound, because I've heard that too.
Old 12-05-2006, 11:20 PM
Black06stang
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GT Newbie

lol, I am 16 and this install was extremely simple. The cold air intake (cai) comes with extremely detailed instructions. You probably would have to try hard to screw it up.
Old 12-05-2006, 11:49 PM
GT Newbie
3rd Gear Member

Black06Stang: Nah, wouldn't have to try hard at ALL to screw it up- I'm really HOPELESS when it comes to doing anything mechanical/technical (my poor wife didn't believe me either the first 10 years or so, but after cleaning up all the stuff I trashed she finally decided to fix things herself (she IS both mechanically-minded and handy!).
Hey, maybe I'll ask HER to install the CAI...;-)