Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

whipple

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 11:29 PM
silverstang06
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: whipple

my whipple is being installed as we speak!!(HO intercooled)
Old 12-07-2006, 11:31 PM
06hoss
2nd Gear Member

SWEET! Let us know how much fun you have with it.
Old 12-08-2006, 12:05 AM
phatphil
3rd Gear Member

Hey FL510 did your kit come with the fuel pump and harness.
Old 12-08-2006, 12:46 AM
blackhorse05
I ♥ Acer

i told saleen not to send me a tune, i had it custom tuned from the get go right on to my sct 2. i never even seen thier chip or whatever it is that they use. honestly i looked at all of them and i made the decision on looks and performance, and the saleen seemed like the best choice. mine is not loud, instant hp from 1100rpm till 6500. its very very efficient, and after my last tune a couple days ago, you prob wont belive this but im averaging 30 mpg on the interstate. i believe in getting what you want. i have a lightning with a k/b and i love it as well, and that bad boy screams loud. you get more parts in the package with whipple and k/b, but after you add it up, lets see. i paid 4700 for the saleen/sc. 200 for brand new cobra injectors. 300 for steeda c.a.i and 90 maf and 125 for tune. so all in all i spent 5325 for the whole set up. and at a crazy boost level which is 3.5 psi, im at 422 to the ground, and my tuner could have easily gotten me to 440 give or take at the same psi. granted i have headers and a full exuast set up which im sure gave me a little more since im f/i think about how much boost im running and how much hp i have. if i went to 8 to 9 psi i woud prob be a little over 500, but im safe as hell at 422 and 17degrees of timing. i still have stock pumps, i ran a thicker wire to the pump for more amperage, and that solved that promblem. . i approve of all the set ups out thier because its all about what you want. but this is why i went the route i did. and as for the blocks in these cars wouldnt trust then after 440 with a twin screw, with a cetrifugal i would feel better but not with a twin screw, at least not if you dont understand throttle management, which a lot of people dont
Old 12-08-2006, 10:33 AM
FL510

My Whipple SC is on the way.
07's are supose to start shipping in the next week or so.
It is supose to come with a gt500 fuel pump, I'm not sure about the harness.
everything is supose to fit togather with the proper connectors. ie. no cuting or sodering.
The higher fuel pressure is required because when you put more pressure on the other side of the fuel injector
it reduces the differential pressure between the fuel line and outside the fuel injector so you get less fuel flow.
If you were NA then that fuel pump in the current condition would supply enough fuel.
The Boost a pump does the same thing, it makes the original fuel pump put out more pressure.
It may or may not last as long. I don't know.

Old 12-08-2006, 05:02 PM
06hoss
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: blackhorse05

i told saleen not to send me a tune, i had it custom tuned from the get go right on to my sct 2. i never even seen thier chip or whatever it is that they use. honestly i looked at all of them and i made the decision on looks and performance, and the saleen seemed like the best choice. mine is not loud, instant hp from 1100rpm till 6500. its very very efficient, and after my last tune a couple days ago, you prob wont belive this but im averaging 30 mpg on the interstate. i believe in getting what you want. i have a lightning with a k/b and i love it as well, and that bad boy screams loud. you get more parts in the package with whipple and k/b, but after you add it up, lets see. i paid 4700 for the saleen/sc. 200 for brand new cobra injectors. 300 for steeda c.a.i and 90 maf and 125 for tune. so all in all i spent 5325 for the whole set up. and at a crazy boost level which is 3.5 psi, im at 422 to the ground, and my tuner could have easily gotten me to 440 give or take at the same psi. granted i have headers and a full exuast set up which im sure gave me a little more since im f/i think about how much boost im running and how much hp i have. if i went to 8 to 9 psi i woud prob be a little over 500, but im safe as hell at 422 and 17degrees of timing. i still have stock pumps, i ran a thicker wire to the pump for more amperage, and that solved that promblem. . i approve of all the set ups out thier because its all about what you want. but this is why i went the route i did. and as for the blocks in these cars wouldnt trust then after 440 with a twin screw, with a cetrifugal i would feel better but not with a twin screw, at least not if you dont understand throttle management, which a lot of people dont
Sounds like a nice SC! Saleen doesn't send you a chip though if you go with their tune, you have to pull your own chip and mail it off to them for them to change the tune. Your chip is on the passenger side up front between the radiator and fender in that little, kinda of triangular shaped, aluminum colored box.
Old 12-08-2006, 07:06 PM
blackhorse05
I ♥ Acer

huh, i never even cared how they tuned it, i figured saleen would send some kind of crappy tune, sct2 is what i had and what i wanted to use
Old 12-08-2006, 07:33 PM
06hoss
2nd Gear Member

Yeah, sounds like you made the smart choice by using your SCT.
Old 12-08-2006, 09:36 PM
GrabberOrange07
2nd Gear Member

Whats the update on the Whipple install? I feel like I'm torn between the Whipple and the Saleen with the 475 HP upgrade. The polished Whipple wins in the appearance department but I guess you have to pay for that.
Old 12-08-2006, 10:31 PM
likemike99
2nd Gear Member

Honestly is any one of them that much better? probibly not. they are all good s/c from good proven companies and make good power. personally I like the polished whipple cause to me it looks the most like an old school muscle car engine.

Quick Reply: whipple