Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Switching to a STANG....Questions???

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2006, 08:47 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Switching to a STANG....Questions???

Bottomline: I like my Stang so much that I kick my self in the a@@ for not getting one (no matter which model) sooner...
Old 12-10-2006, 08:52 PM
beefrits

I just picked up mine on the 1st of December, Alloy with Dark Charcoal interior, manual and a Hurst already. I love it. Paid dealer invoice for it through the fleet dept. Used to have a 69 t-top 427 Corvette back in the day and this sweet ride does not feel like it would lose to the vette.
Old 12-11-2006, 05:05 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

It sounds like you might want to get a GT/CS package. It is a pretty good deal and you get the 18" polished Bullitt wheels. I don't know if it will work with the red Premier Trim with Color Accent Package.
Old 12-11-2006, 06:52 AM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Damn! Do you have accidents/tickets? Who's your insurance company? I would get some quotes from other insurers if I were you. I'm paying 135 a month for my stang and my wifes car through Geico. My statefarm agent wanted $215. I'm also 33 with no speeding tickets or accidents that were my fault in the last 5 years.

It also matters where you live, not as many accidents in the small town I live in. If I lived in Jacksonville, FL i'm sure it would be higher.

ORIGINAL: cuzzinz

lol now are there any guys on here that are between 21 and 23? I pay about 270 a month for my insurance...i am wondering how much it will go up...what do you guys think?
Old 12-11-2006, 07:00 AM
johnnyv8
4th Gear Member

yeah....hey dont bash the GTIs lol i have seen some pretty ballsy GTIs 400WHP but again i dont want to drop a ton of money to make a car FAST...i want it from the get go.

Na; i dont mean to bash on them it just i got my *** hand to me by one of those w/ my first sport car (non turbo 3000GT)..so know that i finally have a faster car; it just feels nice. I also know there fast GTIS out there easliy pushing 400hp; but at the same time. Im sure if there an area in demand with fast car like a GTI pushing 400hp, there prolly some 5-800hp cobra lerking around...

You live in Jersey? i can easliy see you having those rates if you live some where around there
Old 12-11-2006, 12:01 PM
jay0heavenly
3rd Gear Member

I finally got some no named insurance company, but before progressive and Geico wanted to charge me $450 A MONTH!!!! for insurance. I live in NY and I'm 25 unmarried with no kids (and a lot of tickets[8D]). So now I pay around 200, so I'm thrilled to pay that. Anyway to answer your questions, if you go for an 06 you can get a better deal, BUT you won't be able to customize it, you'll just have to pick from what is already out there in production cuz there not gonna make any more 06's.

As for me, like most of the other people on the forum, I absolutely love this car and would definitely do it again. Only advice... don't ever ever ever ever gun it around a turn in the rain because if you do, you'll be in for a long day.
Old 12-11-2006, 01:51 PM
swata
2nd Gear Member

well i hope it isnt too high...i am willing to pay 750 a month for my insurance and car payment.

Sounds about right depending on a few variables. I would log onto here and search though all you local inventories of 06's and see whats still left. If that comes up short try the 07's and if you have a day to kill take a trip to your local stealership and speak to them in person. You never know, they might actually want to sell you a car at a decent price despite the myths and it is nice to see what they have first hand. Who nows maybe you will even walk out of there with a saleen extreem edition or at least something you want.. hehe
Old 12-18-2006, 07:06 PM
JimsGT
3rd Gear Member

So I got into an accident in June in my 97' f150 XLT 4.6l. I loved my truck but i was working out of my car and i needed to be practical......BIG MISTAKE. I bought a 2006 VW GLI 2.0T. Now dont get me wrong it is a great car but now i work out of an office and i dont need to be practical. I now wanna switch to a 07 GT. I could do a lot to make my GLI fast but then again i can sell it and buy a 07GT and start off fast LOL. So now i have a few questions for you guys/gals.

1. Is there a markup on GTs anymore?
2. What kind of prices for packages have you all been getting. (Any car sales guys here willing to give me a deal on an 07... )
3. Does anyone have pictures (personal) of the black on red interior.
4. Tell how much you love your car...LOL
6. I know there is a search feature but hey i thought if i kept this thread open i could just keep bumping it if i had any questions. ALL IN ONE THREAD

All your replies are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Cousin

P.S. I also want one because i sell professional Integrated Editing Systems to movie studios and it nice to have a little flash.
1&2 Last month I got a Satin Silver '06 GT that was 31,500 sticker (has the following options: auto trans, 18" polished Bullitt wheels, red color accent pkg, interior upgrade pkg, side airbags, active anti theft, wheel locks, and it has a LO Jack , a 1,200 dollar option). After much negotiation, I traded in a 2000 Hardtop (FRC) Corvette with 45k on the odometer, they gave me 19k for it, they gave me the Lo Jack for free, came down to invoice, and got a 1k rebate on the car, so it wound up being $27,300!!! (w/o the trade in) So yes, I got it for 4,200 under sticker! When you do the math, shifting the numbers, I really wound up only paying 6k for it. (I put 2k down, and still had to pay off the remainder of the Vette, financed through Ford , 72 mo, 4.9% financing)
They did say on an '07, they won't charge over sticker, but will not go under the MSRP at all...(this is at Fette Ford in Clifton, NJ)

3 I have that interior, I love it, but I don't have any pics yet...

4 Yes, I love it very much (even if its an automatic!LOL)

6 So, now is the time to hunt for an '06 if you want a great deal, and good luck in your search!!! ttt

Ok didn't see the insurance question: I have AIG, I also have a clean record, I'm 38, full coverage is $ 950 for 6 months ($1,900 a year) Thats with the Lo Jack, anti theft, etc discounts...and thats the cheapest I can find anywhere, and believe me I got quotes from everyone, for example Geico was 300 bucks more expensive (thats for 6 months only!) Also, I said its for pleasure use only, under 3k miles a year....good 'ol Jersey!!! So, basically, insurance is 158 a month, and my payment is 310 a month, so its basically $468 a month to have the car for me in NJ, hope this helps
Old 12-18-2006, 08:45 PM
Stone
2nd Gear Member

1. Got it in 2004 so kinda out of date to answer but was 36K
2. Fully loaded execpt no mycolor dash.
3. All black interior.
4. There are no words to decribe the feelings I have for this car "it's almost unheathy" almost.

Old 12-19-2006, 01:46 PM
PDXStangDude
1st Gear Member

Didn't see any pic's of the Charcoal/Red interior. Here is a little glimpse from the driver side. Hope my upload worked!

[IMG]local://upfiles/41829/8541A6F765B44DF487BC6FDF438228BF.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Switching to a STANG....Questions???